The 95th Art Directors’ Club of New York’s (ADC) Annual Awards were celebrated in New York recently, with a host of clever creatives taking home some impressive trophies, not to mention a few homegrown heroes nabbing some gongs.
ADC has been championing the very best in commercial creativity ever since the club’s inception, with the awards recognising and rewarding the artistry and craftsmanship that is synonymous with beautiful advertising and design since 1921.
Leo Burnett Melbourne took home two Golds for its work for Honda, while Goodoil Films in Paddington, Sydney, took out the award for Production Company of the Year.
The following Aussie awards were handed out, all going to members of the Leo Burnett family:
- Gold: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda HR-V (Motion Category: Direction)
- Gold: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Wild Horse Chase’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Direction)
- Silver: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Special Effects)
- Bronze: Leo Burnett Sydney’s ‘Just‘ for WWF (Advertising Category: Poster / Billboard For Advertising: Point Of Purchase)
- Bronze: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Cinematography)
- Merit: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Advertising Category: Craft (Press & Broadcast): Special Effects)
For the first time in ADC’s history, the top honour – the ADC Black Cube representing Best in Show award – went to a bunch of school kids. Clearly, not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill school kids, however.
The ADC Black Cube was awarded to School of Visual Arts Computer Art, Animation and Visual Effects students Thaddaeus Andreades, Marie Raoult, Nicholas Manfredi and Elizabeth Ku-Herrero, who under thesis adviser Joe Burrascano, created Taking the Plunge, an animated short about a marriage proposal gone wrong. Check it out:
The following honours were also awarded:
- Network of the Year — Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Advertising Agency of the Year — BBDO New York, New York, NY, USA
- Digital Agency of the Year — R/GA, New York, NY, USA
- Design Agency of the Year — Dentsu, Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- Production Company of the Year — Goodoil Films, Paddington, NSW, Australia
- School of the Year — School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, USA
- Client of the Year — Loterias Y Apuestas Del Estado, Madrid, Spain
ADC has been a champion of the very best in commercial creativity. The ADC Annual Awards is the oldest continuously running industry award show in the world. Now in its 95th year, it celebrates the artistry and craftsmanship synonymous with beautiful advertising and design. To see the full list of winners, visit ADC’s site at www.adcglobal.org/awards.
In this guest post, Hulsbosch’s creative director Marcel Wijnen, casts his design eye over what truly makes a brand and says it’s all about being true and essential… To do simple – and to be original – is a truly tough task. Not impossible, but not easy. Naturally, we can get lost in ‘striving for simplicity’ […]
Seven Victorian charities are uniting for a month-long virtual fundraising challenge - Power Up 2021 - between 28th February and 28th March. There’s no denying that 2020 affected everyone, but small charities experienced a huge drop in much needed donations and it is hoped the Power Up campaign will bring fundraising back to life.
South Australia’s largest independent supermarket chain, Foodland – with its unforgettable jingle “Foodland, the mighty South Aussies, yeah” – will launch a new campaign on 7th March. The campaign coincides with the chain’s $251m expansion program to open twenty-five new stores, revamp fourty-seven and create 2,500 new jobs over the next five years. Agency KWP! […]
A-listers turned out to Klarna's Sydney party last night. It did move significantly down the alphabet on B&T's arrival.
On Thursday, Quantcast held their Virtual NOVA event, discussing the current state of the advertising industry, the end of third-party cookies, the open internet vs walled gardens, and data privacy and consent. The event coincided with the launch of their new Quantcast Platform. It is an intelligent audience platform powered by the company’s patented AI […]