The 95th Art Directors’ Club of New York’s (ADC) Annual Awards were celebrated in New York recently, with a host of clever creatives taking home some impressive trophies, not to mention a few homegrown heroes nabbing some gongs.
ADC has been championing the very best in commercial creativity ever since the club’s inception, with the awards recognising and rewarding the artistry and craftsmanship that is synonymous with beautiful advertising and design since 1921.
Leo Burnett Melbourne took home two Golds for its work for Honda, while Goodoil Films in Paddington, Sydney, took out the award for Production Company of the Year.
The following Aussie awards were handed out, all going to members of the Leo Burnett family:
- Gold: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda HR-V (Motion Category: Direction)
- Gold: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Wild Horse Chase’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Direction)
- Silver: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Special Effects)
- Bronze: Leo Burnett Sydney’s ‘Just‘ for WWF (Advertising Category: Poster / Billboard For Advertising: Point Of Purchase)
- Bronze: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Motion Category: Cinematography)
- Merit: Leo Burnett Melbourne’s ‘Dream Run’ for Honda CR-V (Advertising Category: Craft (Press & Broadcast): Special Effects)
For the first time in ADC’s history, the top honour – the ADC Black Cube representing Best in Show award – went to a bunch of school kids. Clearly, not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill school kids, however.
The ADC Black Cube was awarded to School of Visual Arts Computer Art, Animation and Visual Effects students Thaddaeus Andreades, Marie Raoult, Nicholas Manfredi and Elizabeth Ku-Herrero, who under thesis adviser Joe Burrascano, created Taking the Plunge, an animated short about a marriage proposal gone wrong. Check it out:
The following honours were also awarded:
- Network of the Year — Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Advertising Agency of the Year — BBDO New York, New York, NY, USA
- Digital Agency of the Year — R/GA, New York, NY, USA
- Design Agency of the Year — Dentsu, Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- Production Company of the Year — Goodoil Films, Paddington, NSW, Australia
- School of the Year — School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, USA
- Client of the Year — Loterias Y Apuestas Del Estado, Madrid, Spain
ADC has been a champion of the very best in commercial creativity. The ADC Annual Awards is the oldest continuously running industry award show in the world. Now in its 95th year, it celebrates the artistry and craftsmanship synonymous with beautiful advertising and design. To see the full list of winners, visit ADC’s site at www.adcglobal.org/awards.
B2B marketers could learn a thing or two from their B2C colleagues, argues WP Engine VP APAC sales Mark Randall in this guest post. It surprises me how many B2B organisations are not quite hitting the mark when it comes to reaching their audience. When talking directly to businesses, many brands are missing an opportunity […]
The majority of adverts uploaded to Facebook aren’t created for Facebook as its priority. This is causing huge inefficiencies and poor performance for brands, many of whom are facing up to shrinking budgets. Tom Phillips (main photo) managing director at Connecting Plots shares lessons from 12 campaigns they optimised for auto brands… It’s no secret […]
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020, the PR industry was bolstered by the launch of the Public Relations Institute of Australia’s (PRIA) first University Mentoring Program in New South Wales, adapting the traditional face-to-face program to a virtual format for the first time. In collaboration with the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), the PRIA NSW Young […]
JCDecaux has developed a dynamic digital campaign with live timetable data where commuters can access their money from MyPayNow while waiting for the bus. In an exclusive nationwide Out-Of-Home campaign, JCDecaux’s SMARTFRAME digital assets are broadcasting bus arrival times, letting commuters know how far away their next bus is – and just how easy it […]
Rokt has today announced an investment of US$80M. The capital will help accelerate research & development and support the expansion of its client base into new verticals and geographies as Rokt continues to make e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. The funding round was led by Rokt’s largest institutional shareholder TDM Growth Partners , and supported […]
PayPal Australia and Buy From The Bush have joined forces to launch a new online marketplace to showcase rural Australian small businesses in time for Christmas. The expanded partnership aims to build stronger connections between bush businesses and Australians in cities and suburbs across the country. The new Buy From The Bush Marketplace is an […]