The D&AD Professional Awards 2016 ceremony, which took place in London last night, showed off a swag of Aussie talent who picked up a stack of pencils to add to the glass cabinet.
D&AD celebrates and nurtures outstanding work in the design and advertising industry each year with its international creative awards.
The pencils awarded come in a variety of types, including Wood, Graphite, Yellow, White and Black. The Wood Pencil is equivalent to a Bronze award, while Graphite is equal to Silver.
The iconic D&AD Yellow Pencil is awarded only to the most outstanding work of creative genius, while White is work of Yellow Pencil level that demonstrates the ability to create real, powerful change in the world.
And the Black Pencil represents the ultimate creative accolade, groundbreaking in its field, with only a handful (if any) awarded each year, while the Most Awarded pencil prize goes to top agencies, studios, production and clients each year.
Representing the Australia/NZ region, Y&R NZ walked away with 11 pencils across a range of categories including the coveted Black & Gold Pencil for Most Awarded Advertising Agency.
But enough faff, let’s unveil the Aussie winners:
- DDB Sydney, #comeonin, Sydney Opera House – Mobile Marketing / Use of Social Media on Mobile
- Leo Burnett Melbourne #MyFamilyCan, SPC Ardmona – Integrated & Innovative Media / Integrated – Large Business (over 500 employees)
Media / Use of Retail Media
- Sixty40, Cake, Chartered Accountants – Film Advertising Crafts / Animation for Film Advertising
- Leo Burnett Sydney, Celebrity Tantrum, Samsung Australia – Mobile Marketing / Mobile Adverts
- Leo Burnett Sydney, Cheers to a Legend, Diageo Australia – Mobile Marketing / Integrated Mobile Campaigns
- M&C Saatchi, Clever Buoy, Optus – Product Design / Innovative Product Design
- George Patterson Y&R Brisbane, Crack Backs Cards, Brisbane Chiropractic Centre – Graphic Design / Stationery
- FINCH, Deng Adut, Univesrity of Western Sydney – Film Advertising Crafts / Direction for Film Advertising
Film Advertising Crafts / Use of Music for Film Advertising
- M&C Saatchi & Bang PR, Blue Ball Foundation, Game of Balls – Branded Content & Entertainment / Branded Content & Entertainment – Tactical
- Direct / Direct Response / Film Advertising
- PR / Creative Use of Media
Digital Marketing / Social Video
- Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Grayson Perry My Pretty Little Art Career – Book Design / Culture, Art & Design Books
- M&C Saatchi, Heartbeat, Lexus Australia – Digital Design / Technological Innovation
- George Patterson Y&R Brisbane, Melanoma Patients Australia, Melanoma Likes Me – Digital Marketing / Use of Social Media
Direct / Direct Response/Digital
Media / Use of Social
Mobile Marketing / Use of Social Media on Mobile
- Revolver/Will O’Rourke, Piggy Sue, Vodafone – Film Advertising Crafts / Direction for Film Advertising
- Sydney Dogs and Cats Home – Branding / Branding Schemes/Medium Organisation
- M&C Saatchi Melbourne, The 2 Litre Towel, Australian Weaving – Writing for Design / Verbal Identity
- DDB Group Melbourne, The Unconventional Oven, Kidsafe – PR / Use of Media Relations
Media / Use of PR
- M&C Saatchi, Clever Buoy, Optus – Creativity for Good (White Pencil) / Service Innovations
- The Joy Agency, Cards Against Domestic Violence, Domestic Violence NSW – Writing for Design / Writing for Printed Materials & Graphic Communications
- George Patterson Y&R Brisbane, Melanoma Patients Australia, Melanoma Likes Me – Creativity for Good (White Pencil) / Advertising & Marketing Communications – Not for Profit
- Revolver/Will O’Rourke, Piggy Sue, Vodafone – Film Advertising Crafts / Casting for Film Advertising
B2B marketers could learn a thing or two from their B2C colleagues, argues WP Engine VP APAC sales Mark Randall in this guest post. It surprises me how many B2B organisations are not quite hitting the mark when it comes to reaching their audience. When talking directly to businesses, many brands are missing an opportunity […]
The majority of adverts uploaded to Facebook aren’t created for Facebook as its priority. This is causing huge inefficiencies and poor performance for brands, many of whom are facing up to shrinking budgets. Tom Phillips (main photo) managing director at Connecting Plots shares lessons from 12 campaigns they optimised for auto brands… It’s no secret […]
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020, the PR industry was bolstered by the launch of the Public Relations Institute of Australia’s (PRIA) first University Mentoring Program in New South Wales, adapting the traditional face-to-face program to a virtual format for the first time. In collaboration with the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), the PRIA NSW Young […]
JCDecaux has developed a dynamic digital campaign with live timetable data where commuters can access their money from MyPayNow while waiting for the bus. In an exclusive nationwide Out-Of-Home campaign, JCDecaux’s SMARTFRAME digital assets are broadcasting bus arrival times, letting commuters know how far away their next bus is – and just how easy it […]
Rokt has today announced an investment of US$80M. The capital will help accelerate research & development and support the expansion of its client base into new verticals and geographies as Rokt continues to make e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. The funding round was led by Rokt’s largest institutional shareholder TDM Growth Partners , and supported […]
PayPal Australia and Buy From The Bush have joined forces to launch a new online marketplace to showcase rural Australian small businesses in time for Christmas. The expanded partnership aims to build stronger connections between bush businesses and Australians in cities and suburbs across the country. The new Buy From The Bush Marketplace is an […]