IPG Mediabrands’ UM has had a huge account win for 2018, having been appointed to the federal government’s master media agency (MMA) services contract,B&T understands.
The pitch process for the account – estimated to be worth between $150 million and $175 million – kicked off in November last year, with dentsu X the incumbent.
Under the contract, UM will be required to:
- secure optimal media discounts on Commonwealth-wide media rates by consolidating government advertising expenditure and buying power;
- optimise media planning and placement, and apply media industry knowledge and expertise to government advertising activities through the MMA services;
- reduce Commonwealth entities’ procurement costs by having one MMA deed and avoiding the need for entities to set up and manage their own media procurement processes;
- drive efficiencies through the implementation of evidence-based campaign and non-campaign policies, by using advertising data to inform government’s decisions; and
- provide advice to government in relation to information and advertising campaigns and the performance of the MMA arrangement.
UM declined to comment on the win when contacted by B&T. However, a dentsu X spokesperson issued the following statement:
“We are proud of our achievements over the past four years servicing the federal government account and we thank them for their partnership during this time.”
“Whilst this is a disappointing loss, we look forward to working with our existing and new client partners to go beyond media, continuing to focus on solutions that help our clients realise lifetime customer value and deliver ‘experience beyond exposure’.”
An almighty chunk of the Cannes in Cairns presented by Pinterest agenda has been revealed, and there is plenty in store for you. Lead image: Fernando Machado, CMO, NotCo Revellers can expect three days of cracking content from 4-7 June. From global keynotes and marvellous marketers to film directors, professors and all-round media and creative […]
Early bird ticket prices for Cannes in Cairns 2024 are ending soon, so you’ll need to move quickly to save money on the hottest ticket in town (or anywhere!). You have until 31 March to secure your ticket at the discounted price of $1,979.99 inclusive of GST. What’s more, you can get even tastier discounts […]
Marking a historic moment, THE LUME Melbourne will welcome original pages from Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex Atlanticus to Australian shores for the first time, as they touch down on March 9, before going on display to the public from March 16, when Leonardo da Vinci – 500 Years of Genius presented by Webuild opens to […]
Eyeota, a Dun & Bradstreet company and a global source of data for digital marketing, have selected Proximic by Comscore, a leading provider of audience and content targeting solutions for programmatic activation, as its preferred partner for making its full taxonomy of audience segments available for contextual cookieless targeting.
To promote the launch of its latest campaign, ‘Finding Brisbane’s Best Cafe’, The Coffee Commune (TCC) harnessed the power of radio, digital and programmatic OOH. The seven-week campaign also served to increase The Coffee Commune’s membership, and via TFM Digital, it saw a record 39,633 entries garnered (28,774 unique), with 880+ cafes nominated. Teaming up […]