IPG Mediabrands’ UM has had a huge account win for 2018, having been appointed to the federal government’s master media agency (MMA) services contract,B&T understands.
The pitch process for the account – estimated to be worth between $150 million and $175 million – kicked off in November last year, with dentsu X the incumbent.
Under the contract, UM will be required to:
- secure optimal media discounts on Commonwealth-wide media rates by consolidating government advertising expenditure and buying power;
- optimise media planning and placement, and apply media industry knowledge and expertise to government advertising activities through the MMA services;
- reduce Commonwealth entities’ procurement costs by having one MMA deed and avoiding the need for entities to set up and manage their own media procurement processes;
- drive efficiencies through the implementation of evidence-based campaign and non-campaign policies, by using advertising data to inform government’s decisions; and
- provide advice to government in relation to information and advertising campaigns and the performance of the MMA arrangement.
UM declined to comment on the win when contacted by B&T. However, a dentsu X spokesperson issued the following statement:
“We are proud of our achievements over the past four years servicing the federal government account and we thank them for their partnership during this time.”
“Whilst this is a disappointing loss, we look forward to working with our existing and new client partners to go beyond media, continuing to focus on solutions that help our clients realise lifetime customer value and deliver ‘experience beyond exposure’.”
Flight Centre Travel Group is anticipating some of its biggest years of growth as Australia’s vaccination rollout gains momentum, travel restrictions ease and international borders start re-opening. With travel industry leaders forecasting unprecedented demand for both domestic and international travel as the world moves into a phase of post-COVID management, Flight Centre Australia general manager […]
From the audio producer of The Teacher’s Pet comes The Elements, a new Acast Creator Network podcast hosted by Thredbo survivor Stuart Diver. The Elements is a podcast that journeys into the heart of surviving a natural disaster and will be hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast as part of the Acast Creator […]
DoubleVerify has today announced enhancements to its brand safety and suitability solution that include the introduction of DV’s Brand Safety Floor as a turnkey option, extending Brand Suitability Tiers on YouTube, and more. Available to both advertisers and publishers since January 2021, Brand Suitability Tiers allow brands to align suitability settings with their own unique standards, […]
Andrew Piccoli spent his career overseeing some of Australia’s most memorable ad campaigns. Now, he has turned his attention to a particular area of passion: children’s literature. Now retired, Piccoli spent the COVID-19 lockdown writing the story of Dexter the Dahu for children aged between five and nine. He has donated a copy of the charming […]