Ahead of B&T’s upcoming Changing the Ratio conference, reporter Ally Burnie sat down with Tiddas 4 Tiddas founder Marlee Silva to get the lowdown on what she’ll be speaking about at CTR, and a little bit about what inspired the podcast and Instagram page.
Tiddas 4 Tiddas (sister for sister) is an initiative born from the desire to empower young black women to know their worth and capabilities.
Founded and curated by Gamilaroi/Dunghutti sisters, Marlee and Keely Silva, Tiddas 4 Tiddas is a story sharing network that showcases successful Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women role models and their stories, while also circulating advice and academic, sporting and other opportunities for young Indigenous women to reach their full potential.
Check out the video below!
B&T‘s 2020 Changing the Ratio w will be bringing together a host of industry leaders to discuss how we can create a more effective and innovative communications industry by reminding and showing individuals they belong.
Some confirmed speakers include:
- International keynote: Sandipan Bhattacharyya, chief creative officer at Grey India – Sandi is the creative behind the award-winning Gillette #shavingstereotypes campaign.
- MC – Kumi Taguchi – Kumi is the host of the ABC show, Compass, and a regular host of major live events, including the Australian of the Year Awards. In 2018, Kumi was the MC at the opening and closing ceremonies of The Invictus Games in Sydney, broadcasting to a global audience of 60 million. Kumi has been working in the media for over 20 years, after initially training as a classical violinist.
- Kath Blackham, Founder & CEO, VERSA – A pioneer in gender equality, flexibility and the future of work, Kath led VERSA to be the first Australian agency to operate a four-day working week model, to great success.
- Marlee Silva, Co-Founder, Tiddas 4 Tiddas – Marlee is a 24-year-old Gamilaroi and Dunghutti woman, who has created a place where all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women can feel safe and proud to share their stories and be shamelessly brilliant.
- Mitch Wallis, Founder & CEO, Heart on My Sleeve – Mitch Wallis is an emerging leader in the Millennial generation with a lifelong mission to empower others to overcome suffering and reimagine the healing potential of the mind through the power of storytelling, conversation & living with authenticity.
- Jo Stone, Founder, Stone Fusion – Jo leads a life that bucks social convention, being the primary breadwinner with a stay-at-home husband helping raise her young family, and is passionate about empowering professional women to build a blissful life on their own terms.
We’re also giving you the opportunity to shape the day’s agenda. Click here to use our session selector tool to let us know what you want to get out of the day.
B&T Changing the Ratio is taking place at Foxtel on Oxford on 13 May 2020.
According to a new study by Gemini, the meteoric rise and subsequent volatility of Bitcoin has many Aussies considering whether digital assets have a place in an investment portfolio, often comparing cryptocurrencies against more traditional asset classes, such as property. Now, as concerns grow over inflation and the economic slump – motivating many investors to look […]
Facebook has officially released the campaign for the succinctly named Ray-Ban Stories: First-Generation Smart Glasses. The Ray-Ban Stories are, according to Facebook’s official release, “smart glasses that give you a new way to capture photos and video, share your adventures and listen to music or take phone calls.” They are the product of a collab […]
Esports organisation ORDER has announced the appointment of Michael Speakman as its new Head of Commercial. As part of ORDER’s expansion, Speakman will help navigate new commercial opportunities by offering a creative space for brands to connect, level up and deliver partnerships across the gaming ecosystem. ORDER continues to sustain its rapid expansion by appointing a […]
Hivestack, the leading global programmatic digital out of home (DOOH) ad tech company today announced a partnership with Clear Channel Outdoor Americas (CCOA), the US based business of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings: one of the world’s largest outdoor advertising companies. Through this new partnership, CCOA will offer advertisers a way to buy DOOH inventory programmatically […]
Samsung Electronics Australia has this week announced the lineup of five budding recording artists for its UNDSCVRD competition, a TikTok docu-style reality series aimed to bring the spotlight to the rising music talent in the country. The series, presented by Samsung Galaxy, brings together five musical talents from across the country who were hand-picked by […]
Independent media agency Kaimera has recruited five new team members to manage its continued growth, following several new client wins including Britbox, Campos and Under Armour. Daniel Miller (pictured above) has joined from News Connect, where he was an associate programmatic trader, in the newly created role of platforms manager. In the role, he will […]
The sexiest singles in the nation (according to Channel Nine, at least) are back on airwaves with Love Island Australia on Monday, October 4, at 9.00pm after The Block on Channel 9 and 9Now. Aussie sweetheart Sophie Monk will return to host (and play Cupid) alongside new addition, comedian Stephen Mullan a narrator, in the world-renowned reality TV […]
Yotpo is officially expanding into Australia, off the back of significant market growth with massive Aussie names, a landmark investment from Shopify and a plan to help local Aussie e-comm explode. Yotpo’s ANZ userbase includes names like Zoe Foster Blake’s $180M Go-To Skin Care, e-commerce fashion queen Princess Polly, and billion-dollar streetwear brand Culture Kings, […]