An Airbnb ad promoting Australian country towns and pubs has won the Grand Prix award for WARC’s annual Effective Use of Brand Purpose. The ad was created by Airbnb’s in-house creative team.
You can check out the full list of winners at the end of this article.
Called “The Country Pub Project”, the campaign was designed to support rural communities by boosting the country pub, a gathering point for struggling country towns.
Using a combination of public policy, paid media, earned media and owned channels in a three-stage strategy to reach more than 15 million people, achieve over 30 million video views, and drive increased brand favourability and awareness.
Check the spot out below:
Commenting on the winners, jury chair, Ivan Pollard, senior vice president, global chief marketing officer, General Mills, said: “As you can see from these powerful case studies, purpose is not just the right thing to do, it is the best thing to do for business. Those brands that really do act purposefully and not just talk about it will prosper – not by chance but on purpose.”
An eminent jury of 18 agency- and client-side industry professionals – selected the following full list of winners:
- The Country Pub Project · Airbnb · Airbnb Creative, APAC · Australia
- Out & Proud – India Comes Out of the Closet · The Times of India · Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd · FCB India · India + Evaluation Award
- The Gift of Mom · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates + Employee Engagement Award
- The Uncovered · Ahmini · Tunisie Telecom · J. Walter Thompson Tunis · Tunisia
- As far as we go · Almosafer · Seera Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · Saudi Arabia
- Native Bees · Colorado’s Appia · AMBEV · Santa Clara · Brazil + Sustainability Award
- Job-Hunting in Sneakers · Band-Aid · Johnson & Johnson · BBDO Japan · Japan
- #FinishWaterWaste · Finish · Reckitt Benckiser · DEC PR · Australia
- Senior Gamer Club · Hungarian Telekom · Deutsche Telekom · Uniomedia · Hungary
- Abtal El Shawarea’ (The Stars on the Streets) · Clear · Unilever · FP7 McCann Cairo · Egypt
- The Ramadan campaign that didn’t launch in Ramadan · Jawwy · STC · FP7 McCann Dubai, FP7 McCann Riyadh · Saudi Arabia
- Meet Me Halfway · SK-II · Procter & Gamble · Forsman & Bodenfors Singapore, Verizon Media · China, United States, United Kingdom
- Glass and a half in everyone · Cadbury Dairy Milk · Mondelēz International · Ogilvy Malaysia · Indonesia
- The Non-Issue · L’Oréal Paris · L’Oréal Group · McCann London, McCann Paris · United Kingdom
- Overcoming India’s Toilet Divide · Harpic · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- The Unheard Prayer · Maxis · Leo Burnett · Malaysia
2019 had everyone facepalming at the state of the world, 2020 had us shrugging with uncertainty about the future and 2021 is the year we all exchanged and watched the drama unfold. From sharing the collective thought of oh my God when will this end to a common appreciation for simple meet-cutes, Tinder Gen Z […]
The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) announced internet domain registrar, GoDaddy as the winner of the 2021 Inspiration awards for excellence in Olympic marketing in Sydney last Thursday night. GoDaddy’s ‘Dream It. Build It’ campaign earned the top of the podium in a highly competitive field, ahead of Speedo’s ‘Made for Aussies, worn by Olympians’ and […]
Zoe Aitken (main photo) is the head of consulting at leading behavioural science and innovation consultancy Inventium and has over 20 years’ experience helping organisations develop customer-centric growth strategies and innovation. In her latest post for B&T, Aitken offers expert tips if 2021 (and you know what) has left your creative juices baked… Fear and […]
Road safety behaviour change campaigns, created by local university students to educate young drivers about the risks of driving fatigued, launched nationally across Australia this morning. The campaigns are now featuring across digital assets in metropolitan and regional Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia, and will run for the next two weeks on […]
This holiday season Lego Australia will be conducting a giant rebuild of the world at the Sydney Opera House. LEGO® Australia will be inspiring children and families once again through their remarkable Christmas Giant builds. Thanks to an exciting partnership with the Sydney Opera House, the activation will take centre stage on the iconic Forecourt. […]
Tourism Northern Territory’s film, ‘Seek Different’, created by KWP!, has been named the World’s Best Tourism Film – Region after being awarded the top prize at the 2021 International Committee of Tourism (CIFFT) Film Festivals Circuit held in Valencia, Spain last Friday. The circuit brings together the world’s best tourism film festivals from four continents, […]
Converse has teamed up with brand experience agency, Amplify, to launch ‘Renew Labs Fitzroy’, an experimental retail experience that showcases creativity, co-creation, and promotes sustainable shoe consumption and usage. This centre is located in Melbourne’s Fitzroy suburb, and will host intimate creative workshops, in which consumers will be encouraged to customise their ‘Chucks’ with patches, […]
Creative design marketplace, DesignCrowd, has announced reaching the milestone of one million registered designers on its global platform. The Aussie crowdsourcing start-up currently has a 1,004,000-strong freelance designer network, which has grossed over $A62 million since the company’s 2008 launch. The network have completed over 26 million graphic, logo and web designs for both small […]
The Chiefs and Optus today announce a partnership extension that will see the brands continue to collaborate around gaming content in Australia for a further 12 months. The news follows a successful 12-month partnership, including members of The Chiefs featuring in Optus’ Gamer Plan launch supporting the development of Optus’ Streaming Booth. Much of the […]
During the month of October, $A8.5 million was spent in digital travel advertising and digital impressions were up almost 40 per cent from September, according to the Nielsen Ad Intel report. The report found that the top advertisers amongst cruise lines from October in order are Emerald Cruises, Oceania Cruises, and Royal Caribbean. Amongst the […]