An Airbnb ad promoting Australian country towns and pubs has won the Grand Prix award for WARC’s annual Effective Use of Brand Purpose. The ad was created by Airbnb’s in-house creative team.
You can check out the full list of winners at the end of this article.
Called “The Country Pub Project”, the campaign was designed to support rural communities by boosting the country pub, a gathering point for struggling country towns.
Using a combination of public policy, paid media, earned media and owned channels in a three-stage strategy to reach more than 15 million people, achieve over 30 million video views, and drive increased brand favourability and awareness.
Check the spot out below:
Commenting on the winners, jury chair, Ivan Pollard, senior vice president, global chief marketing officer, General Mills, said: “As you can see from these powerful case studies, purpose is not just the right thing to do, it is the best thing to do for business. Those brands that really do act purposefully and not just talk about it will prosper – not by chance but on purpose.”
An eminent jury of 18 agency- and client-side industry professionals – selected the following full list of winners:
- The Country Pub Project · Airbnb · Airbnb Creative, APAC · Australia
- Out & Proud – India Comes Out of the Closet · The Times of India · Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd · FCB India · India + Evaluation Award
- The Gift of Mom · Babyshop · Landmark Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates + Employee Engagement Award
- The Uncovered · Ahmini · Tunisie Telecom · J. Walter Thompson Tunis · Tunisia
- As far as we go · Almosafer · Seera Group · FP7 McCann Dubai · Saudi Arabia
- Native Bees · Colorado’s Appia · AMBEV · Santa Clara · Brazil + Sustainability Award
- Job-Hunting in Sneakers · Band-Aid · Johnson & Johnson · BBDO Japan · Japan
- #FinishWaterWaste · Finish · Reckitt Benckiser · DEC PR · Australia
- Senior Gamer Club · Hungarian Telekom · Deutsche Telekom · Uniomedia · Hungary
- Abtal El Shawarea’ (The Stars on the Streets) · Clear · Unilever · FP7 McCann Cairo · Egypt
- The Ramadan campaign that didn’t launch in Ramadan · Jawwy · STC · FP7 McCann Dubai, FP7 McCann Riyadh · Saudi Arabia
- Meet Me Halfway · SK-II · Procter & Gamble · Forsman & Bodenfors Singapore, Verizon Media · China, United States, United Kingdom
- Glass and a half in everyone · Cadbury Dairy Milk · Mondelēz International · Ogilvy Malaysia · Indonesia
- The Non-Issue · L’Oréal Paris · L’Oréal Group · McCann London, McCann Paris · United Kingdom
- Overcoming India’s Toilet Divide · Harpic · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- The Unheard Prayer · Maxis · Leo Burnett · Malaysia
The Australian Road Safety Foundation (ARSF) has teamed up with Spotify and some of Queensland’s leading musicians in a national first that will geotarget drivers within school zones. The Slow Down Songs campaign, which is being piloted in Queensland, will work to keep kids safe within school zones by dramatically slowing down songs and serving […]
Florida’s chief financial officer on Monday (local time) told the International Olympic Committee that Florida would be happy to host the Olympics amid speculation that current host Japan may back out. Jimmy Patronis sent a letter to Thomas Bach, the head of the IOC, as Agence France-Presse reports, “to encourage you to consider relocating the […]
There are few industries that have been hit harder by the coronavirus pandemic than events, with agencies forced to pivot in surprising and innovative directions to survive. Nigel Ruffell is the director of The Company We Keep, a live brand experience agency that hosts events at 15,000 pax, and opened its doors in 2018. With […]
Australian business and finance expert Ross Greenwood has signed exclusively with Sky News Australia as business editor and anchor of Business Weekend. With more than 40 years’ experience covering business news in Australia and around the world, Greenwood brings expertise to the role of Sky News business editor where he will lead the network’s business […]