Under Armour has unveiled its 2020 global bland platform: The Only Way Is Through.
Under Armour VP of global brand creative Brian Boring said it’s not just “a clever advertising slogan”. but rather a “statement that encompasses what every person striving to achieve a goal understands in his or her heart.”
He said: We know there are no shortcuts and no magical solution. It’s thinking smarter, working harder, being better than yesterday—through the highest highs and the lowest lows—and being the best version of yourself. That is the ethos of The Only Way Is Through, and it’s why we’re so excited to bring this message—and these stories—to the world.:
The Only Way Is Through is representative of the next frontier for Under Armour—the opportunity of 2020 and beyond.
Getting better isn’t easy. There are no shortcuts. No cheat codes. No quick fixes. It’s only work. #TheOnlyWayIsThrough
Posted by Under Armour on Saturday, 1 February 2020
The campaign brings to life the real value of momentum; how momentum through work helps athletes push themselves to be better than what they thought possible, and how Under Armour technology—with ground-breaking product innovations like UA HOVR, UA RUSH, and UA Recover—is supporting those athletes constantly in search of incremental change in an effort to get better.
The platform launch includes a 90-second anthem, and will be supported with additional content throughout the year, including spotlight pieces telling the stories of all types of athletes and exploring their “through” moments.
The anthem content features a wide array of athletes and teams, including:
- Stephen Curry, three-time Champion and two-time MVP
- DK Metcalf, star receiver for Seattle
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, homegrown superstar and UCL winner for Liverpool
- Kelley O’Hara, Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time World Cup winner
- Georgia Ellenwood, eight-time All American and 2018 D1 Heptathalon Champion
- Zhu Ting, Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time Volleyball World Cup Champion
- Tom Brady, six-time Champion, three-time MVP
- Michael Phelps, the most decorated swimmer of all time
- Kyle Dietz, former MMA fighter turned long distance trail runner after brain tumour diagnosis
- Adinda Sukardi, Under Armour Indonesia Ambassador
- St. John’s College High School Girls Basketball
- Mission Viejo High School Football
- City College High School Boys Basketball
- University of Notre Dame Football
Please login with linkedin to commentUnder Armour
GHO Sydney has developed a new educational platform for Family Planning NSW to help parents and carers of children with disabilities navigate the changes to their bodies, emotions and social interactions. The project, ‘Planet Puberty’, was made possible through funding from the federal government’s Department of Social Services, and was co-designed with people with disability […]