Did you attend the B&T Awards last Friday night? Well, unbeknownst to you out-of-homer VMO’s DART 2.0 (Digital outdoor Audience in Real Time) technology was on display – an anonymous audience measurement system that you didn’t realise was tracking your every move (OK, maybe not every move).
The event, held at Sydney’s Town Hall, drew well over 800 of the industry’s top media players and marketers.
Here’s what VMO’s DART 2.0 found of those who attended.
• 81 per cent of people viewed the seating plan on arrival
• 51 per cent of guests were male and 49 per cent were female
• Almost 30 per cent of male attendees had a moustache
• Hence, DART’s deduced that agency land is a big supporter of the men’s health initiative Movember
• 10.2 per cent of attendees sported a ‘hipster beard’ against the national average of five per cent. Meaning agency land does, as we’ve all long suspected, have an over-representation of hipsters
• The technology found that 40 per cent of party goers were in a happy mood. However, we have no idea about the mood of the other 60 per cent!
For more information on DART 2.0 insights check out this promotional video.
Some interesting facts on DART 2.0 include:
• DART 2.0 reports on 18 demographic profiles
• DART 2.0 detect facial features such as beards, moustaches and glasses
• For the first time DART 2.0 can detect the mood of a viewer – particularly powerful for activations such as this or understand how creative can evoke emotion
• DART anonymously tracks over 2 million Australians (what we call the general population)
• In real time, it reports on; age, gender, when the audience viewed and how many people viewed across an advertiser’s campaign period
Esports organisation ORDER has announced the appointment of Michael Speakman as its new Head of Commercial. As part of ORDER’s expansion, Speakman will help navigate new commercial opportunities by offering a creative space for brands to connect, level up and deliver partnerships across the gaming ecosystem. ORDER continues to sustain its rapid expansion by appointing a […]
Hivestack, the leading global programmatic digital out of home (DOOH) ad tech company today announced a partnership with Clear Channel Outdoor Americas (CCOA), the US based business of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings: one of the world’s largest outdoor advertising companies. Through this new partnership, CCOA will offer advertisers a way to buy DOOH inventory programmatically […]
Samsung Electronics Australia has this week announced the lineup of five budding recording artists for its UNDSCVRD competition, a TikTok docu-style reality series aimed to bring the spotlight to the rising music talent in the country. The series, presented by Samsung Galaxy, brings together five musical talents from across the country who were hand-picked by […]
Independent media agency Kaimera has recruited five new team members to manage its continued growth, following several new client wins including Britbox, Campos and Under Armour. Daniel Miller (pictured above) has joined from News Connect, where he was an associate programmatic trader, in the newly created role of platforms manager. In the role, he will […]
The sexiest singles in the nation (according to Channel Nine, at least) are back on airwaves with Love Island Australia on Monday, October 4, at 9.00pm after The Block on Channel 9 and 9Now. Aussie sweetheart Sophie Monk will return to host (and play Cupid) alongside new addition, comedian Stephen Mullan a narrator, in the world-renowned reality TV […]
Yotpo is officially expanding into Australia, off the back of significant market growth with massive Aussie names, a landmark investment from Shopify and a plan to help local Aussie e-comm explode. Yotpo’s ANZ userbase includes names like Zoe Foster Blake’s $180M Go-To Skin Care, e-commerce fashion queen Princess Polly, and billion-dollar streetwear brand Culture Kings, […]
Progress has today announced the availability of Progress Sitefinity DX 14.0. This agile, flexible and extensible platform allows organisations to create an ideal digital experience platform (DXP) tailored to their unique needs and objectives with new capabilities for low-code integration and chat-driven engagement, as well as enhanced headless content delivery. The digital world is transforming […]