Did you attend the B&T Awards last Friday night? Well, unbeknownst to you out-of-homer VMO’s DART 2.0 (Digital outdoor Audience in Real Time) technology was on display – an anonymous audience measurement system that you didn’t realise was tracking your every move (OK, maybe not every move).
The event, held at Sydney’s Town Hall, drew well over 800 of the industry’s top media players and marketers.
Here’s what VMO’s DART 2.0 found of those who attended.
• 81 per cent of people viewed the seating plan on arrival
• 51 per cent of guests were male and 49 per cent were female
• Almost 30 per cent of male attendees had a moustache
• Hence, DART’s deduced that agency land is a big supporter of the men’s health initiative Movember
• 10.2 per cent of attendees sported a ‘hipster beard’ against the national average of five per cent. Meaning agency land does, as we’ve all long suspected, have an over-representation of hipsters
• The technology found that 40 per cent of party goers were in a happy mood. However, we have no idea about the mood of the other 60 per cent!
For more information on DART 2.0 insights check out this promotional video.
Some interesting facts on DART 2.0 include:
• DART 2.0 reports on 18 demographic profiles
• DART 2.0 detect facial features such as beards, moustaches and glasses
• For the first time DART 2.0 can detect the mood of a viewer – particularly powerful for activations such as this or understand how creative can evoke emotion
• DART anonymously tracks over 2 million Australians (what we call the general population)
• In real time, it reports on; age, gender, when the audience viewed and how many people viewed across an advertiser’s campaign period
Global independent creative agency AnalogFolk has added more creative content firepower to its Sydney team with the appointment of award-winning Naomi Martin as senior copywriter and social lead. Martin’s focus will be further building the agency’s creative and strategic capabilities across editorial, branded content, influencers, creation and production. Formerly head of content at IPG Mediabrand’s […]
SkyBus’ latest ‘The Easy Way to Getaway’ campaign via newly awarded creative agency Hardhat aims to give a warm welcome to returning New Zealand travellers, letting them know the airport transfer service is ready and waiting. The win has seen Hardhat lead the charge on SkyBus’ strategy and creative across New Zealand, ensuring confidence in […]
Longtail UX, an Australian founded tech company with 70+ clients across the Americas, EMEA and JAPAC, has today announced a $2.25m supplementary equity raise in partnership with Woolworths Group’s venture capital arm, W23 and Steven Lew-owned group, Global Retail Brands (GRB). The investment builds on the $3m funding round led by Investec through its Investec […]