This Australia Day will be more than listening to Triple J’s Hottest 100; Uber and Optus have recruited international cricket umpire Billy Bowden (even though he’s from New Zealand) and a gaggle of other umpires to lay down the backyard cricket laws.
The latest promotion UberUMPIRE will be running just on Australia Day and is completely free.
How it works:
- On Tuesday 26 January, open your Uber app between 11am – 3pm. Your Umpire will officiate the game for three overs, or a maximum of 30 minutes
- Slide across to the UberUMPIRE view and request an ‘UberUMPIRE’.
- If available, an UberUMPIRE will make its way to your backyard.
- Demand is likely to be sky-high, so if you can’t request straight off the bat (boom!) keep trying, UberUMPIRE runs until 3pm.
- Want to preview the UberUMPIRE view before Australia Day? Unlock the secret UberUMPIRE option in your app now using the promo code ‘UMPIRE’.