Following a competitive three stage selection process, The Marketing Academy Australia has selected the 30 marketing executives from client-side brands, media owners, agencies and start-ups who will attend its 2021 Scholarship Program.
This free but highly selective development program for the best talent in the industry is designed to utilize the collective knowledge of C Suite executives to develop the Scholars’ skills and prepare them for their journey towards board-level business leaders.
Now entering its seventh year in Australia, there are 180 alumni of the program who frequently describe the experience as ‘transformational’ and ‘life-changing’.
The program includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of board-level executives including; Anubha Sahasrabuddhe, CMO, Lion; Jeremy Nicholas, CMO, Telstra; Sweta Mehra, CMO, ANZ; Melissa Hopkins CMO, Optus; Mark Coad, CEO, IPG Mediabrands; Nikki Warburton Chief Customer and Marketing Officer, Audi; Lisa Ronson, CMO, Coles and Leisa Bacon, Director of Audiences at ABC.
In addition to mentoring, Scholars are each assigned an Executive Coach, attend three residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers, and attend lectures & masterclasses hosted by renowned experts from around the world.
Each appointed Scholar will also receive 10 places for their teams and colleagues to enroll in a recently launched online development program ‘The Marketing Academy Virtual Campus’.
The Marketing Academy Founder & Global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell, said, “it’s so exciting to be appointing the 7th cohort of the Scholarship in Australia.”
“The support we’re continually given by our incredible mentors, coaches, partners and speakers is remarkable and demonstrates the desire & need to place talent development at the heart of brands and agencies.”
“With over 750 Alumni of our programs around the world we’re witnessing, every day, the phenomenal impact that comes as a result of investing in our talent, impact for them, their employers and industry itself.”
The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Program is funded in 2021 by long term partners Google, Commonwealth Bank, KFC, IAG and new global partners Salesforce.
The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2021:
- Adam Long, Strategy Consultant, The Ethical CEO
- Amy Read, Executive Manager, Customer Marketing, REA Group
- Anna Rallos, Marketing Innovation Lead, Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG)
- Brittany Kury, Senior Brand & Marketing Manager, BPay Group
- Brook Miller, Client Services Director, Apparent
- Claire Fenner, National MD & Partner, Atomic212
- Duncan McGrath, Head of SMB Ads Marketing, Google
- Elyse Foley, Business Director, PHD
- Fern Canning Brook, Managing Director, Integrated Solutions, Edelman Australia
- Hayley Walton, Head of Marketing, Samsung
- Heath Evans, Marketing and Communications Manager – Melbourne Accelerator Program, Melbourne University
- James Bartold, Commercial & Strategy Manager, North MELBOURNE Football Club
- Johnny Hammond, Managing Partner – APAC, Pilot44
- Josh Slighting, Head of Data & Digital Audience, Network Ten
- Jude Batrac, National Trade Marketing Manager, News Corp Australia
- Kate Wright, Marketing Manager, Arnotts
- Kim Bush-Ellis, Marketing Manager Brand & Comms Lead, Woolworths Australia
- Leandro Perez, VP, Asia Pacific Marketing, Salesforce
- Lewis Shields, Head of Content Marketing & Social Media, HERD MSL
- Lisa de Vere White, Director, Digital Acquisition, American Express
- Lucy Allen, Head of Marketing APAC, OFX
- Marcus Desmond, Strategic Marketing Director (Haematology), Janssen Asia Pacific
- Rob Elder, Director – Brand Marketing, Nike
- Salim Sebkhi, Head of Partner & Commercial Marketing, Cisco
- Sian Whitnall, Chief Digital Officer, OMD Australia
- Toby Harrison, Chief Strategy Officer, Ogilvy Australia
- Tom Healey, Business Development Director, Octagon
- Vuki Vujasinovic, CEO, Sling & Stone
- Warren Mo, Digital Marketing Manager, KFC
- Yvonne Richardson, Executive Advisor to the CMO, Commonwealth Bank
Pictured: Nineteen members of the 2021 cohort
Please login with linkedin to commentThe Marketing Academy
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. While his mother fortunately survived, he lost his […]
In partnership with storytelling agency Enthral, AFL star Kevin Sheedy has voiced a video ‘Love Letter to Victoria’ using visuals to showcase the state’s natural beauty and culture. Victoria has been hit with the worst of the coronavirus pandemic compared with any other Aussie state experiencing four lockdowns. Sheedy has partnered with Ethral to share […]
Telstra’s lower-cost telco, Belong, has awarded its strategy and creative account to Howatson + White, and has reappointed OMD to its media buying account, after a competitive pitch process. Howatson + White will handle strategy, planning, creative and CRM, while former agency Clemenger will continue to have a relationship with Belong, managing PR and retail activation. […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]
Nova 919’s Ben & Liam breakfast show announced that they’ll be throwing their support behind and raising awareness for a cause very close to their hearts, mental health. On Monday 21 June Ben Harvey and Liam Stapleton will be locked in a purpose-built glass structure, in the middle of Rundle Mall, for an entire week […]
TRENDii has announced TRENDii Ads, a new contextual advertising solution that leverages content and context to promote eCommerce products at scale around the world. TRENDii Ads is user privacy friendly and offers a new way for businesses and brands to target consumers at the moment that they are most inspired to shop. “We believe good […]
ARN and The New York Times have reached an agreement for ARN to become the advertising sales representative for The New York Times’s podcast portfolio in Australia. The deal will enable Australian brands to connect with Australian listeners to The New York Times’s most popular podcasts, such as The Daily, Serial and This American Life, […]
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]