The Cancer Institute NSW has launched a new vaping behaviour change campaign, targeting 14 to 24-year-olds.
The new campaign, ‘Every vape is a hit to your health’ has been developed by Bastion Agency to highlight the serious health harms caused by vaping. It features real stories from young people who have vaped and experienced first-hand the terrifying health consequences of vaping. Respiratory doctors also feature, sharing the evidence and experience they’ve had of vapes causing serious health problems.
“The evidence of the harms vaping is causing is continuing to grow and is very concerning. Vapes are highly addictive, often contain nicotine and can cause lung damage and breathing problems, with some of the toxic chemicals found in vapes known to cause cancer,” said Matt Clarke, head of marketing, cancer screening and prevention, Cancer Institute NSW.
“Hearing first-hand from the young people in the campaign, how much vaping had a hold on them and how it affected their health was really shocking. This behaviour change campaign aims to contribute to countering this growing issue by highlighting the health harms through a peer-to-peer approach”.
The strategy was informed by a robust and rigorously evidenced behaviour change model for vaping cessation and the creative idea validated for its ability to effectively change both attitudes and behaviours of young people who vape. It does this in an unexpected way, messaging not just the consequences but also the perceived upside and appeal of vapes in the minds of young people – a key factor in driving relevance and engagement by this audience, who feel understood and informed, rather than lectured at.
“This is a problem so concerning that we felt a huge responsibility on our shoulders to deliver a campaign that is going to make a truly significant impact. We believe this idea is the right one to do and research shows it is primed to hit hard and change behaviour,” said Simon Langley, Group CCO Bastion.
The campaign is live across Cinema, OLV, digital display, OOH, native articles and social media.
Client: Cancer Institute NSW Health
– Manager, Social Marketing & Campaigns Screening & Prevention: Matthew Clarke
– Team Leader, Social Marketing & Campaigns Screening and Prevention: Lexi Le Clerc
– Portfolio Manager, Vaping Control, Social Marketing and Campaigns: Gemma Hearnshaw
– Portfolio Manager, Social Marketing and Campaigns – Screening & Prevention: Samantha Raheb
– Project Officer, Vaping Control, Social Marketing and Campaigns: David Murray
– Managing director: Mike Godwin
– Group chief creative officer: Simon Langley
– National chief strategy officer: Angela Morris
– Group client director: Katy Grey
– Senior client manager: Kirsty Wootton
– Creative director: Scott Hopkin
– Creative director: Laurence Cronin
– Creative director: Chris Searle
– Designer: Sean Davitt
Media Agency: OMD
– Account Director: Samantha Mitchell
– Account Manager: Tahlia Watts
– Senior Account Manager, Social & Innovation: Lloyd Cuffe
Production company: Eight
– Director: Tourist (Mitch Green)
– Executive producer: Lib Kelly
– DOP: Gregoire Liere
Post: Bastion Make
– Senior Broadcast Producer: Niki Bentley
– Editor: Lucas Vasquez
– Colourist: Alina Bermingham
– Flame: Brad Smith
Sound: Electric Sheep
Music Composition: Nicholas Keate
Domain’s chief marketing officer (CMO), Rebecca Darley, said that without Tealium’s customer data platform (CDP), her business would not have been able to achieve the personalised marketing success that has made it one of the leaders in data-driven marketing in Australia. Speaking at an exclusive breakfast event hosted by B&T at Sydney’s swish harbourside restaurant, […]
Man of Many in partnership with NBC Universal, stages an atmosphere of elegance for Sydney premiere of ‘Argylle’ film. Independent lifestyle publication digital publication, Man of Many, has shown its innovative approach to event management in the premiere of ‘Argylle’ at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney’s entertainment quatre. Over 400 guests were included in the films […]