ImpactInstitute, a specialist impact advisory, brand storytelling and events firm, has announced eight new client wins and 10 new team members since its formation this year.
ImpactInstitute began operations on 1 May, 2021, following the merger of two purpose-driven organisations and business partners, Social Impact Institute and Filtered Media. A certified B Corp., the firm was formed to help organisations change the world in positive, measurable and meaningful ways.
Not-for-profit organisations to join the firm within the first six months of operations include University of Newcastle, Housing Industry Association, Anti-Slavery Australia, Miracle Babies Foundation and Heads Together for Acquired Brain Injury.
Human-first technology companies now partnering with ImpactInstitute include Australian clean technology powerhouse 5B, property technology company Propic, and ethical AI pioneer Akin.
At the same time, ImpactInstitute has continued to build on client partnerships with new or retained engagements across its portfolio of integrated impact advisory, brand storytelling and virtual and expo event services.
Clients include Adobe, Space&Co., AGSM, Certis Group, PwC Australia, Australian Christian College, University of NSW Business School, Adventist Education, Gotcha4Life, Chartered Accountants ANZ, Crystal Wealth Partners, RSPCA Queensland, The Benevolent Society, and Australia for UNHCR.
David Jack, co-CEO, executive chair and principal advisor, said it was encouraging to see new clients joining the firm across its integrated impact advisory, brand storytelling and event services.
“These new clients are accessing a research approach that informs evidence-based planning, decision-making and implementation,” Jack said.
“This is enabling them to pursue strategic initiatives with confidence and the ability to measure effectiveness and success.”
Meanwhile, ImpactInstitute continues to grow with new and returning team members. Investment in research and impact advisory capabilities increased with three key appointments.
- Clinical Associate Professor Michelle Jack, head of research and senior advisor. Qualifications include Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Gold Medal, 1st Hons), PhD, Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
- Tambri Housen, advisor and researcher. Qualifications include PhD (International Health), Masters of Philosophy in Applied Epidemiology, Masters of Public Health & Tropical Medicine (with Distinction), Diploma of Tropical Nursing, Graduate Program in Paediatrics & Women’s Health, Bachelor of Science (Nursing).
- Samantha Lain, advisor and researcher. Qualifications include a PhD, Masters of Public Health, Bachelor of Health Science (Hons), Bachelor of Commerce.
- Julie Behrens, account director, advisory. Qualifications include B Nurs, MBA and 24 years in strategic management, marketing and business development.
New and returning brand storytelling team members include:
- Candice Witton, account manager + storyteller returned after experience with the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Sarah Fairley, head of people and culture, returned from parental leave to play a pivotal role in merger integration and employee experience.
- Andrew Wolfson, Salesforce consultant + advisor, represents a strategic investment in our data and technology capabilities.
- Yvette Thomson, events marketing coordinator, joined the firm in anticipation of Australia’s COVID recovery and the return of ImpactInstitute’s national program of Disability Expos that attract 20,000 attendees each year.
- Nicoletta Vasilaras, PR assistant; Ed Cheng, video and audio producer; and Jasmine Haw, content producer joined to support the growth of our brand storytelling services.
“It’s gratifying to have received so much positive support from our partners and team members during these early and very busy days of the new firm,” said Mark Jones, co-CEO and chief storyteller.
“We’re investing in talented, values-aligned people because purpose-driven organisations are hungry for the right combination of strategic outlook, integrated storytelling and evidence-driven impact advisory services.”
David Garden, marketing director at ACC Group, supported ImpactInstitute through the merger and described the team as professional and efficient.
“They devise creative PR strategies and follow through with faultless execution. It’s reassuring to have a partner who you know delivers on their commitments without having to be micromanaged.”
Please login with linkedin to commentimpactinstitute
Over the years, VEGEMITE has been largely misunderstood across the globe, with Aussies often having to defend the spread and detail exactly “how to” best enjoy the stuff. But as it turns out, Australians have been getting it wrong this whole time! VEGEMITE and Thinkerbell ventured to food mecca New York to recruit Brooklyn Master […]
Subway has this week, officially launched its digital game Sink A Sub, with the first $10,000 prize already being awarded to a lucky recipient in Queensland. Subway’s Sink A Sub game is a user-friendly experience based on the infamous naval war board game Battleship. It was successfully launched for the first time in 2020 as […]
National Indigenous Television (NITV) has announced the appointment of Peter Noble as general manager, to support the continued growth and evolution of the channel dedicated to First Nations voices and perspectives. Noble (pictured) a proud Girramay and Bandjin man, joins NITV with more than 20 years’ experience in the media industry, working across content disciplines […]
Reality TV star, influencer and unabashed over-sharer Abbie Chatfield has signed with SCA to bring her hugely popular and fiercely candid podcast, It’s A Lot to Australia’s biggest audio content creator – LiSTNR. Chatfield’s never been afraid to call out bad behaviour or tell it like it is. And that’s just what people love about […]
CM Group, a portfolio of martech companies focused on multichannel digital marketing, today announced its merger with Cheetah Digital under the CM Group name. The merger expands and enhances both CM Group’s and Cheetah Digital’s ability to deliver innovative email, omnichannel, personalization, and loyalty solutions. The combined company will own a broad array of technologies […]
Independent ad tech platform Smart has announced a new partnership with connected TV (CTV) ad platform Publica to accelerate its growth ambitions. The integration is a major step in Smart’s commitment to building a scaled, vertically-integrated TV advertising platform for media buyers and sellers following its recent acquisition of global premium CTV demand-side platform (DSP) […]
Independent creative agency Edge has launched Nevro’s first local campaign, “I am not my pain”. Nevro is a medical technology company offering innovative solutions to chronic pain. Their HFX therapy has been available in Australia since 2011 and is a form of spinal cord stimulation (SCS), where an electrical device is implanted surgically near the […]
Pinterest has introduced a new suite of creator and Pinner products and experiences globally, as the platform continues to evolve to become home for the next generation of creators. At its second annual Pinterest Creators Festival, featuring Megan Thee Stallion and Storm Reid. Pinterest creators Kerin Rose Gold, Wendy’s World, Henri Purnell, Carolina Gelen and […]