YouTube has revealed Australia’s favourite videos for 2019, with comedians ‘Superwog’ taking out top spot.
The creators trip to the gym has garnered almost 3 million views since being put live in June.
Next on the list was US influencer James Charles’s controversial ‘No More Lies’ video, followed by the aptly named ‘Make This Video The Most Liked Video on YouTube’.
You can check out the top 10 list here:
- Going to the Gym
- No More Lies
- Make This Video The Most Liked Video on YouTube
- Conspiracy Theories with Shane Dawsom
- how to create billie eilish’s “bad guy”
- Gordon Ramsay Savagely Critiques Spicy Wings | Hot Ones
- Minecraft Part 1
- Katelyn Ohashi – 10.0 Floor (1-12-19)
- LETTING OUR KIDS TURN 21 YEARS OLD **GONE WRONG** | Norris Nuts
- 73 Questions With Kim Kardashian West (ft. Kanye West) | Vogue
These videos have collectively gaineed 393 million views and the channels behind them have a combined 190 million subscribers.
The Google-owned video platform also released insights into the most popular music videos for the year, from both international artists and local.
TONES AND I topped the list when it came to Australian artists, while Billie Eilish was the most popular global sensation.
- TONES AND I – DANCE MONKEY (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
- ONEFOUR – Spot the Difference
- ONEFOUR – The Message
- TONES AND I – JOHNNY RUN AWAY (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
- Guy Sebastian – Choir (Official)
- Hilltop Hoods – Exit Sign feat. Illy & Ecca Vandal
- Hp Boyz – BluePrint. (Official Music Video)
- Amy Shark – Mess Her Up (Official Video)
- ONEFOUR – Ladz in the Hood
- Birds of Tokyo – Good Lord (Official Video)
- Billie Eilish – bad guy
- Sam Smith, Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
- Ariana Grande – 7 rings
- Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello – Señorita
- Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (Official Movie) ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
- TONES AND I – DANCE MONKEY (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
- Lil Dicky – Earth (Official Music Video)
- Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care [Official Video]
- Ariana Grande – break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored
- Taylor Swift – ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]
Social purpose organisation UnLtd’s Big Games competition has raised a combined $85,000 for children and young people at risk. Running over five weeks, the competition involved 32 teams from across the advertising, marketing and media industries battling it out virtually for a chance to qualify for the Rocket League final. The tournament culminated in a […]
Stan has announced that the Stan Original Film Transfusion commenced filming in Sydney earlier this week and will premiere on Stan in 2022. Transfusion is a taut, muscular thriller starring Sam Worthington (Avatar) as Ryan Logan, a former Special Forces operative, who is battling to cope with life after the loss of his wife and is thrust […]
According to a decade of data collected by iStock, Australian brands turned to imagery depicting outdated gender stereotypes during the pandemic. Tracking the keyword ‘women’, iStock by Getty Images found that in 2020, ANZ brands and businesses reverted to gender stereotypes. Images of mothers home-schooling were used at almost twice the rate of images of […]
Schwartz Media is congratulating Maddison Connaughton on her three years as editor of The Saturday Paper. Connaughton has decided to finish up her editorship this month. “It’s been an honour to edit the paper,” Connaughton said. “The Saturday Paper is one of the brightest voices in Australian media and I have been happy to see […]
Research from EdBbirdie using Spotify data has identified the most popular songs to study to. After analysing thousands of studying and homework playlists on Spotify, American singer Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘drivers license’ came out as top song to study to. It featured on 48 study playlists, while other top songs included ‘Ophelia’ by The Lumineers, ‘Falling’ […]
Dayna Stewart is the Business Director – Digital Marketing, Media & Creative Services at The Nudge Group. Here, she discusses the challenges that come with building a successful marketing team when working remotely. Before COVID-19 changed the way businesses work, most marketing teams spent their days together in a meeting room collaborating on the next […]
The line-up for the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Festival has been announced as the legendary event returns live in Las Vegas in September. This year, the epic two-day lineup for the iHeartRadio Music Festival main stage will feature performances by Billie Eilish, Cheap Trick, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Florida Georgia Line, Journey, Khalid, Lil Baby, Maroon 5, Nelly, […]
Shop! ANZ is calling on shopper and retail marketing professionals from all retail related disciplines to participate in the first ANZ Shopper and Retail Marketing Industry Survey in four years. This important research provides a guide of where the retail marketing industry in Australia and New Zealand has come from and what is anticipated to […]