Reports: Police DID Receive Allegations Against Alan Jones

Reports: Police DID Receive Allegations Against Alan Jones

The Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the police DID receive allegations that radio presenter Alan Jones assaulted a schoolboy, despite the NSW police commissioner saying last week that no such claims had been made.

In a story published today, the masthead reported that in November 2017, two detectives met with schoolboy Neil Ogden (pseudonyms) and his principal at his school in Wollongong, south of Sydney.

At the time of the alleged assault, Jones was a broadcaster on Sydney’s radio 2GB and was financially helping Ogden and his mother as they faced difficulty after the death of Ogden’s sister.

Ogden says the assault took place at Jones’ sprawling Southern Highlands estate.

He says that Jones, who was 75 at the time, passionately kissed him and placed a hand on Ogden’s buttocks whilst they were watching a film.

Ogden said he froze and pushed Jones away. He didn’t make a scene but told police that he went to the bathroom “with my loofah and soap and began scrubbing my mouth, inside and out, as much as I could”.

The report is in direct contradiction to the NSW police commissioner’s claims last week that no complaints have been received.

Ogden’s mother said that when her son returned home he was a “changed person”. When she asked what had happened he eventually passed her a piece of paper with the allegation on it.

This comes after lawyers acting on behalf of Alan Jones have taken the first steps in filing defamation proceedings against Nine Newspapers and leading investigative journalist Kate McClymont.

This came after The Sydney Morning Herald last week released the findings of an investigation into Jones. The investigation revealed accusations against the former radio broadcaster that allege he abused his position of power to indecently assault four young men during his time working on 2GB’s high-profile breakfast show. Jones has denied the allegations.

Mark O’Brien Legal released a statement on Thursday revealing Jones’ intentions in the wake of the allegations and stated that the former broadcaster would be providing no further comment at this time. “In the short time available since publication we have obtained substantial factual information which contradicts and refutes the alleged pattern of conduct by Mr Jones,” they said. “We have retained Senior Counsel and have instructions to immediately serve a Concerns Notice under Section 12A of the Defamation Act as the first step in the commencement of defamation proceedings”.

 




Please login with linkedin to comment

Alan Jones the sydney mornig herald

Latest News

Image lead story Domain CMO Rebecca Darley: Tealium’s CDP Allowed Us To Personalise At Scale
  • Partner Content
  • Technology

Domain CMO Rebecca Darley: Tealium’s CDP Allowed Us To Personalise At Scale

Domain’s chief marketing officer (CMO), Rebecca Darley, said that without Tealium’s customer data platform (CDP), her business would not have been able to achieve the personalised marketing success that has made it one of the leaders in data-driven marketing in Australia. Speaking at an exclusive breakfast event hosted by B&T at Sydney’s swish harbourside restaurant, […]

Partner Content

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine
Man of Many Partners With NBC Universal For Red Carpet ‘Argylle’ Premiere
  • Campaigns

Man of Many Partners With NBC Universal For Red Carpet ‘Argylle’ Premiere

Man of Many in partnership with NBC Universal, stages an atmosphere of elegance for Sydney premiere of ‘Argylle’ film. Independent lifestyle publication digital publication, Man of Many, has shown its innovative approach to event management in the premiere of ‘Argylle’ at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney’s entertainment quatre. Over 400 guests were included in the films […]