Nine has announced a range of client partnerships for the next instalment of reality home renovation show The Block.
Season 14 of The Block will again see five teams of renovators face off as they renovate St Kilda’s historic Gatwick Hotel.
The new season will include seven client partners returning with highlights for this season:
- Mitre 10, The Block’s longest serving partner, back for their 11th season. Along with their ambassador Scott Cam, Mitre 10 will be providing “Mighty Helpful” service and advice to contestants every step of the way.
- Domain returns as a major partner for the fourth time and will be showcased throughout the season as the experts in property. Alice Stolz will continue to make her weekly visits, imparting her invaluable guidance and professional considerations.
- McCafé, The Block’s official coffee partner is back with an even larger pop-up café across the road from the construction site in St Kilda. The café will be serving contestants and crew delicious, barista-made coffee. Site foreman Dan Reilly will again be the McCafé ambassador, and along with in-show integration the partnership will be supported by TV commercials featuring him.
- Volkswagen returning as the official automotive partner, with a portfolio of vehicles which will be showcased across the series, as well offering the chance to win the first Tiguan Allspace in Australia.
- Youfoodz, who will be again be fuelling The Block contestants with their fresh, chef-prepared meals every week. They will also be running a consumer promotion to give away a lifetime supply of Youfoodz.
- Bluescope Steel, back with a partnership for this series, literally helping to shape the build of The Block with their strong and reliable products Colorbond and Truecore. They will also be engaging audiences at home with weekly viewer’s choice voting and promotion.
The Block also has six new major partners with highlights of these integrations, including:
- Amazon, joining for its first Block series, showcasing Echo and Alexa – the brain behind Echo voice-controlled speakers realising the functionality of a voice-controlled home. The relationship between Echo, Alexa, and The Block will also be promoted in commercials featuring Block
- Suncorp joins The Block family, helping bring The Block Shop to St Kilda, and supporting the contestants with the difficult task of budgeting. They are aligning with design expert and Block judge Shaynna Blaze to help viewers spend better and style better through dedicated 9Now content, and a ‘Home Hacks’ series addressing Australia’s most searched styling tips.
- The a2 Milk Company, which will be providing ‘The Blockhead’ with regular deliveries of natural, fresh a2 Milk and other fresh goodies, inspiring them to “Believe in better” along the competition journey.
- Canstar, joining the show with a partnership with host Shelley Craft, creating bespoke TVCs.
- Clipsal by Schneider Electric is joining The Block with a showcase of smart-home solutions and electrical accessories to create connected, comfortable and stylish homes.
- Blueprint Homes, who have taken a local sponsorship in WA, providing them with a unique opportunity to build a close association with Australia’s most popular renovation show.
In addition, The Block will have a number of major suppliers involved in the new season, including Reece, Kennard’s Hire, Freedom Furniture, Freedom Kitchens, Carpet Court, Beacon Lighting, Beaumont Tiles, Samsung, Forty Winks, Kinsman, Steel Blue Boots and Apple.
Nine’s group content strategy director, Lizzie Young, said: “The Block is the foremost Australian case study in the power of well-executed, cross-platform content integration. It is a consistent performer and always delivers real and tangible results for our clients.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming Amazon, Suncorp, A2 Milk, Canstar and Clipsal as new partners and to see others such as Mitre 10, Domain, McCafé, YouFoodz, Volkswagen and Bluescope Steel returning because of what The Block achieves for them.
“The true power of The Block is that it delivers across a range of business metrics, from awareness and consideration through to sales conversion.”
The Block returns to Channel Nine and 9Now this Sunday at 7pm.
Please login with linkedin to commentAmazon Apple Australia Beacon Lighting Beaumont Tiles Blueprint Homes Bluescope Steel Canstar Carpet Court Clipsal by Schneider Electric Domain forty winks Freedom Furniture Freedom Kitchens Kennards Hire Kinsman McCafé Mitre 10 Reece Samsung Steel Blue Boots Suncorp The a2 Milk Company The Block Volkswagen Youfoodz
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]