Nine has announced a range of client partnerships for the next instalment of reality home renovation show The Block.
Season 14 of The Block will again see five teams of renovators face off as they renovate St Kilda’s historic Gatwick Hotel.
The new season will include seven client partners returning with highlights for this season:
- Mitre 10, The Block’s longest serving partner, back for their 11th season. Along with their ambassador Scott Cam, Mitre 10 will be providing “Mighty Helpful” service and advice to contestants every step of the way.
- Domain returns as a major partner for the fourth time and will be showcased throughout the season as the experts in property. Alice Stolz will continue to make her weekly visits, imparting her invaluable guidance and professional considerations.
- McCafé, The Block’s official coffee partner is back with an even larger pop-up café across the road from the construction site in St Kilda. The café will be serving contestants and crew delicious, barista-made coffee. Site foreman Dan Reilly will again be the McCafé ambassador, and along with in-show integration the partnership will be supported by TV commercials featuring him.
- Volkswagen returning as the official automotive partner, with a portfolio of vehicles which will be showcased across the series, as well offering the chance to win the first Tiguan Allspace in Australia.
- Youfoodz, who will be again be fuelling The Block contestants with their fresh, chef-prepared meals every week. They will also be running a consumer promotion to give away a lifetime supply of Youfoodz.
- Bluescope Steel, back with a partnership for this series, literally helping to shape the build of The Block with their strong and reliable products Colorbond and Truecore. They will also be engaging audiences at home with weekly viewer’s choice voting and promotion.
The Block also has six new major partners with highlights of these integrations, including:
- Amazon, joining for its first Block series, showcasing Echo and Alexa – the brain behind Echo voice-controlled speakers realising the functionality of a voice-controlled home. The relationship between Echo, Alexa, and The Block will also be promoted in commercials featuring Block
- Suncorp joins The Block family, helping bring The Block Shop to St Kilda, and supporting the contestants with the difficult task of budgeting. They are aligning with design expert and Block judge Shaynna Blaze to help viewers spend better and style better through dedicated 9Now content, and a ‘Home Hacks’ series addressing Australia’s most searched styling tips.
- The a2 Milk Company, which will be providing ‘The Blockhead’ with regular deliveries of natural, fresh a2 Milk and other fresh goodies, inspiring them to “Believe in better” along the competition journey.
- Canstar, joining the show with a partnership with host Shelley Craft, creating bespoke TVCs.
- Clipsal by Schneider Electric is joining The Block with a showcase of smart-home solutions and electrical accessories to create connected, comfortable and stylish homes.
- Blueprint Homes, who have taken a local sponsorship in WA, providing them with a unique opportunity to build a close association with Australia’s most popular renovation show.
In addition, The Block will have a number of major suppliers involved in the new season, including Reece, Kennard’s Hire, Freedom Furniture, Freedom Kitchens, Carpet Court, Beacon Lighting, Beaumont Tiles, Samsung, Forty Winks, Kinsman, Steel Blue Boots and Apple.
Nine’s group content strategy director, Lizzie Young, said: “The Block is the foremost Australian case study in the power of well-executed, cross-platform content integration. It is a consistent performer and always delivers real and tangible results for our clients.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming Amazon, Suncorp, A2 Milk, Canstar and Clipsal as new partners and to see others such as Mitre 10, Domain, McCafé, YouFoodz, Volkswagen and Bluescope Steel returning because of what The Block achieves for them.
“The true power of The Block is that it delivers across a range of business metrics, from awareness and consideration through to sales conversion.”
The Block returns to Channel Nine and 9Now this Sunday at 7pm.
Please login with linkedin to commentAmazon Apple Australia Beacon Lighting Beaumont Tiles Blueprint Homes Bluescope Steel Canstar Carpet Court Clipsal by Schneider Electric Domain forty winks Freedom Furniture Freedom Kitchens Kennards Hire Kinsman McCafé Mitre 10 Reece Samsung Steel Blue Boots Suncorp The a2 Milk Company The Block Volkswagen Youfoodz
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said Meta’s decision to stop paying for Australian news is “not the Australian way” and that he is “very concerned” about the announcement. Meta today confirmed it will walk away from funding Aussie journalism once the current content deals expire in what is a significant blow to Australia’s largest publishers. […]
The Australian media industry has responded to Meta’s decision to walk away from funding Aussie journalism once the current content deals expire. In a blow to local media outlets, Meta said it will not enter negotiations to extend deals to pay Australian media companies for the news that appears on its platforms. Michael Miller, News […]
Free TV has said that today’s announcement by Meta that it will not be renewing any of the deals struck with Australian media companies for use of news content on its platforms should be met with swift action by the government. Meta today revealed it will walk away from funding Aussie journalism once the current content […]
NOVA Entertainment has today announced the launch of a refreshed brand identity for FIVEAA, Adelaide’s premier commercial talkback station. The forward-looking brand refresh reflects FIVEAA’s new lineup and vision while paying homage to the station’s previous logo and rich heritage. Built upon the new tagline of Always Adelaide, the new direction celebrates the ‘AA’ branding […]
Australian social and content marketing workflow platform Fabulate has won big at the industry’s annual AiMCO Awards, taking out the highly competitive Best Influencer Marketing Technology Service category. Lead image: Fabulate team at Aimco Awards The win saw the start up platform, which has a team of around 50, receive the industry recognition against competitor […]
Australia’s newest transformative TV technology, Hubbl, will be on sale from March 10 in Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi retail stores nationally and via Hubbl.com.au. Lead Image: Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany at Hubbl Launch. Also from March 10, Hubbl will unveil a national advertising campaign starring brand ambassadors Hamish Blake and Andy Lee. The multi-channel […]
Marking a historic moment, THE LUME Melbourne will welcome original pages from Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex Atlanticus to Australian shores for the first time, as they touch down on March 9, before going on display to the public from March 16, when Leonardo da Vinci – 500 Years of Genius presented by Webuild opens to […]
Eyeota, a Dun & Bradstreet company and a global source of data for digital marketing, have selected Proximic by Comscore, a leading provider of audience and content targeting solutions for programmatic activation, as its preferred partner for making its full taxonomy of audience segments available for contextual cookieless targeting.