authorities in video on demand and multi-platform content production will gather in Sydney on 21-22 August when Sydney hosts the Multi-Screen TV Summit.
The two day conference will examine the changing TV landscape, from catch up television and cross platform release strategies, to communicating directly with audiences and examining the ROI for multi-screen sports broadcasts.
Australians now consume more than 100 hours of television per month across multiple screens, according to the Australian Multi-Screen Report. Viewers can now seek their own customised viewing experience including what platform they want to consume it on. Along with strategies on how to deliver and monetise this viewing experience, the Multi-Screen TV Summit will examine the future of media, how to work out the value of interactive content and how the next generations will consume content.
“Australian viewing patterns are broadening as people adopt new technologies. Broadcasters are adapting to changing viewing habits to ensure that the viewer can enjoy TV wherever and whenever they wish, and on the device of their choice,” said Tony Brown, Senior Analyst, Informa Telecoms & Media.
The shift has seen commercial free-to-air broadcasters changing and innovating in a digital environment at an increasingly rapid rate. Numerous ‘freemiumTV’ business models have been created, extending the viewer’s engagement with content to include the purchase of related products, as well as giving users new opportunities to interact and participate.
Attendees will hear from industry leaders on topics including emerging video on demand platforms, cross platform release strategies, catch up TV, how to value digital sports rights, new cross platform productions and high speed WebTV.
Key presentations at the Multi-Screen TV Summit include:
- Platforms, Aggregators and the Evolution of the Australian Pay TV market – Scott Lorson, CEO, Fetch TV
- The Future of Media, Responding to the Challenges of New Platforms – Mark Britt, Chief Executive, Mi9
- Monetising Multi Platform Content – Rebekah Horne, Chief Digital Officer & Architect, ten play
- Data Drives Dollars! Live Content, the Can’t-Miss Move – John Treloar, Managing Director, Ooyala Australia
- The Rise of Social Media Apps Specific to TV Network Content – Rob Beetson, General Manager, Beamly Australia
- IPlayers & Partnering with Google – Robert Leach, Director Business Development and Consumer Digital, BBC Worldwide Australia & New Zealand
- Free-To-Air Televisions Answer to the Internet- Integrating Live Programming with Catch Up TV + unlimited content opportunities – Liz Ross, General Manager, Freeview
- Operating at the right Tipping Point of The Video on Demand Business in Australia – Stephen Langsford, Founder & CEO, Quickflix
- Sport Rights: Digital Deals for the Future of the Game – Integrating New Revenue Streams through Multi Screen Date – Adam Good, Director of Media & Content, Telstra Media
- The Economics of Producing Content for Today’s Market & Investing in new Platforms – Chris Hilton, Executive Producer, Essential Media & Entertainment
- The World Cup Live Sports Broadcasting to Multi Screens – Marshall Heald, Chief Digital Officer, SBS Australia
- Native Advertising Channels – Matthew Kowal, Director Regional Marketing, Monster Energy Drinks, Europe Middle East & Africa
- Cross Platform Release Strategies – Rebecca Heap, Head of TV Strategy & Digital Products, ABC
- Developing Winning Drama Series for Multi Platform – Guy Gadney, Founder, The Project Factory
- Movies On Demand – Chris Flintoff, Founder & CEO, Neon Stingray
Register here and meet senior executives in Australia’s television industry, as well as those involved in content creation and distribution, multi-platform developers, technology suppliers, telecommunications and data specialists, researchers, programmers and marketers.
DFO takes on brand refresh with creative campaign in partnership with Melbourne-based creative agency Taboo. Premium outlet shopping centre DFO has released a new creative campaign in collaboration with creative agency Taboo, ‘Those In The Know DFO’, encouraging buyers to purchase luxury products for a discounted price. In response to the growing demand for face-to-face […]
Independent purpose PR, Communications, and Social Media agency, The Bravery, has strengthened its commitment to enhancing behavioural change in waste after being appointed by Dulverton Waste Management in North West Tasmania. Lead image: The Bravery Team The Bravery has been appointed as the lead communications, community engagement and PR partner after a competitive tender process. […]
Broadsheet has promoted Claire Booth to the national sales and partnerships director role. Since its launch in 2009, Broadsheet has published news, features, and events coverage across the Australian cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania, and New Zealand. Claire Booth was acquired by the Broadsheet team in 2019 from The Story Lab and […]
Nominations are now open for Yahoo Academy 2024, an immersive talent building program which helps 30 rising media agency and marketing superstars across Australia and Singapore develop the skills needed to lead and thrive in the workplace of the future. Taking place over two days in Sydney, Yahoo Academy 2024 will engage participants with in-depth […]
Taboola, has announced the appointment of former Taboola APAC director and skilled digital strategist Joe France (lead image) as its New Zealand sales lead, as it continues to expand its presence in the ANZ market. Under his new remit, France will be responsible for cultivating key partnerships and delivering innovative solutions to meet evolving New […]
Activation Union is thrilled to announce the appointment of Bree Mankin as Managing Partner. In this pivotal role, Bree will spearhead the agency’s growth initiatives and client strategy, leveraging her extensive experience and innovative approach in delivering exceptional results for her clients. With over two decades of experience in marketing and communications, Bree is a […]
Toyota Australia has launched its highly anticipated new all-electric vehicle, the bZ4X, on Australian shores through a nationwide integrated campaign. Spearheaded by a big spot, the campaign was created by independent creative agency HERO, which sees a typical EV sceptic named Barry behind the wheel of an all-new Toyota bZ4X much to the surprise of […]
Canva has announced its very first podcast: Design Surfaces. Covering all areas of design, from brand campaigns to UX flows, the podcast digs deep into the intricate parts of designers’ brains to unearth valuable insights, unique perspectives, and what makes them tick. The Design specialty at Canva is made up of some of the most […]
SBS is searching for its most daring, unflinchingly fearless and boundary-smashing factual format yet, issuing a call out for impactful ideas for new documentary series unlike anything seen on Australian screens before, with up to $50,000 in development funding on offer. Announced this morning at the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) in Melbourne, SBS is […]
Full-service media agency Resolution has appointed Sarah Truong as head of investment to lead the agency’s investment product. Sarah joins from PHD where she was Group Investment Director for half a decade. With 14 years’ experience in the media industry including seven years at media agency, Carat, Sarah a proven track record for delivering results-driven […]