Working hard on our 2018 Women in Media Power List, B&T realised there’s another list we need to compile, and that’s the women on our media.
While we’re all about everyone in advertising, marketing and media, compiling our power list always throws up the debate of whether we should focus more on women with public media personas or those working in a more behind the scenes capacity. And of course there’s the hybrids who keep a foot in both camps.
So just for the fun of it, we decided to compile a list of Women On Media, be it print, online (is there now a difference?), radio and TV. It won’t be long and no doubt the socials will be here too. Or is that another list entirely we ask?
Making this list, we realised it could get big very quickly, and call it astute time management or just plain laziness, we stopped at 50 and are now throwing it over to you, dear readers.
So, check out our initial 50 below, add in extras below in the comments section and let’s see where this list ends up. If it proves popular, we may even rope it into our Women in Media announcements of a top 30, but let’s just see what happens first.
Of course don’t forget we’re still taking suggestions (and there’s been some beauties!) for our overall 2018 Women in Media Power List, so if you haven’r checked it out do so now or forever grumble your fave was left off.
So with no further ado, in alphabetical order, here’s our starting 50. Let’s see how big we can get this list.
- Abby Coleman – breakfast co-host, Hit Network
- Amanda Keller – breakfast co-host, ARN
- Bianca Dye – breakfast co-host, ARN
- Carrie Bickmore – The Project, Ten
- Chrissie Swan – breakfast co-host, Nova
- Deborah Knight – news reader, Nine
- Donna Hay – founder, Donna Hay Pty Ltd
- Edwina McCann – editor-in-chief, Vogue Australia
- Em Rusciano – breakfast host, SCA
- Emma Alberici – chief economics correspondent, ABC
- Erin Molan – host, The Footy Show
- Fifi Box – breakfast co-host, Hit Network
- Fran Kelly – breakfast host, ABC
- Geraldine Doogue – Presenter, ABC Radio National
- Georgie Gardner – Today host, Nine
- Ita Buttrose – We Await It’s Next Gig
- Jackie “O” Henderson – creakfast co-host, KIIS1065
- Jamila Rizvi – editor-at-large, Nine’s Future of Women
- Janice Petersen – news presenter, SBS
- Jessica Rowe – co-host Studio10, Ten
- Jo Stanley – breakfast co-host, ARN
- Juanita Phillips – news presenter, ABC
- Julia Zaetta – editor, Better Homes and Gardens
- Justine Cullen – editor-in-chief, ELLE Australia
- Kate de Brito – editor-in-chief, news.com.au
- Kate Langbroek – drive co-host, KIIS Network
- Kate McClymont – investigative journalist, Sydney Morning Herald
- Kate Ritchie – drive co-host, Nova
- Katharine Murphy, political editor, The Guardian
- Lee Lin Chin, news presenter, SBS
- Leigh Sales – anchor The 7.30 Report, ABC
- Lenore Taylor – editor, The Guardian
- Lisa Wilkinson – co-host, The Project, Ten
- Mel McLaughlin, sports presenter, Seven
- Meshel Laurie – breakfast co-host, KIIS Network
- Mia Freedman – co-founder and content director, Mamamia
- Michelle Grattan – chief political correspondent, The Conversation
- Miranda Devine – columnist, The Daily Telegraph
- Natalie Barr – news presenter Sunrise, Seven
- Nikki Briger – editor, Marie Claire
- Robin Bailey – breakfast co-host, Triple M Network
- Samantha Armytage – co-host Sunrise, Seven
- Sarrah Le Marquand – editor-in-chief, Stellar magazine
- Sonia Kruger – host The Voice, Nine
- Sophie Monk – host Love Island, Nine
- Stephanie Brantz – sports reporter, ABC
- Sylvia Jeffries – news presenter Today, Nine
- Tracy Grimshaw – host A Current Affair, Nine
- Virginia Triolo – presenter, ABC News Breakfast
- Yvonne Sampson – presenter, Fox Sports
Independent brand and digital agency, Archibald Williams (AW) has been appointed to lead the NBA account across the APAC region. The NBA is one of the most prestigious sporting leagues in the world and basketball is one of the fastest-growing sports in Australia. Effective immediately, AW said it was “excited” to work across all digital, […]
B&T's shining a light on industry folk prior to adland. Preference given to anyone purporting actual UFO abduction.
Leading digital outdoor company QMS has announced it is the first-ever inaugural partner for Most Contagious APAC, the landmark London event by creative and strategic intelligence company Contagious, which will be showcased in Australia on Tuesday, 12 December in Sydney and Wednesday, 13 December in Melbourne. Most Contagious is an event that delivers key advertising […]
Omnicom’s data and analytics division Annalect has partnered with Meta, giving it access to Advanced Analytics (AA) – one of Meta’s privacy-focused measurement solutions – to provide Omnicom’s clients with future-proof, next-level measurement. Omnicom is the first holding company to have access to AA. AA allows advertisers to combine their first-party data with Meta’s ads […]
WPP’s AKQA has launched Fixmas.gift, an environmentally conscious AI-powered DIY assistant, affectionately known as Fixie, for a one-stop solution for all things repair. Fixmas.gift hosts an array of guides and inspiration to empower people to prolong the lives of their belongings or purchase pre-owned items that need a little love and care. Fixie can: Help […]
Marc Collister (pictured) of P2 Content Creators spills the beans on his 2024 predictions drawing from two decades of experience in the advertising, film and television industry. I’m certain it will come as no surprise that in 2024, we can expect our industry to move at breakneck speed again. With even more rapid shifts in […]
Zeno Australia has announced expanded creative design capabilities and the appointment of Jim Michell (lead image) to its senior leadership team. The new moves support strong growth in the region. Zeno Australia’s clients, including Abano Healthcare, Motorola and Yorkshire Tea, can now tap into a suite of creative design services to augment the agency’s work […]
Assembled Media, is drawing upon the creative power of TikTok Creator Marketplace to help generate unique, impactful content for iconic stationery brand, BIC. The social activation campaign titled ‘A Pen for Every Side of You’ promotes the flexibility of BIC’s 4 Colours pen and is active nationwide on the BIC Stationery TikTok account. The campaign […]
Pinterest reckons jellyfish & moody cowboys will be big in 2024. Refused to be drawn on the return of shoulder pads.
IAB Australia has launched ‘Evolution in Market Mix Modelling’, the fourth module in its Marketing Measurement Innovation Series, which has been developed by IAB Australia’s Ad Effectiveness Council. The module explores what is driving the increased use of MMM and how the technique is evolving with advances in computing power and machine learning to provide […]
Scope3, the collaborative sustainability platform leading the decarbonisation of media and advertising, announced the addition of digital out-of-home (DOOH) to its emissions measurement. With DOOH ad spending predicted to grow from $17B in 2023 to nearly $24B by 2028, measuring this channel brings us one step closer to understanding the total impact of digital advertising […]
NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific, is now open for online registrations for the main conference. Jointly organized by the National Retail Federation and Comexposium, Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific will take place from 11 – 13 June, 2024 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore and is expected to draw thousands […]