Harley-Davidson (H-D), Marvel and 303MullenLowe unveil Super Hero Customs, a collection of custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles inspired by some of the most powerful and iconic Marvel characters.
For over 110 years, H-D has championed personal freedom and individuality through customisation of its motorcycles. Today, it reignites that passion by unveiling 27 custom motorcycles, each one uniquely designed to reflect the personality and traits of a Marvel Super Hero.
Just like characters in the Marvel universe, no two customised Harley-Davidson motorcycles are the same; different powers, agilities and looks. The collaboration showcases some of the most popular Marvel characters and Harley-Davidson models – a Groot-inspired Street Glide Special from the Touring range, a Thor-inspired Breakout from the Softail family, and a Black Widow-inspired Iron 883 from the Sportster family to highlight just a few.
2016 also marks the 75th anniversary of Captain America’s first appearance in a Marvel comic.
Harley-Davidson spokesperson, David Turney said, “The spirit of freedom is alive and thriving in the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special. Like Captain America, it leads from the front with strength, power and endurance, enabling you to venture to new worlds and beyond.
“We customised the Captain America Street Glide Special to inspire Harley-Davidson dealers across Australia and New Zealand to create their own Marvel character inspired custom motorcycle using the wider H-D range. The results have been phenomenal. A true combination of super powers, with over 16 Marvel characters represented,” Turney says.
“Harley-Davidson and its dealers have done an amazing job with this Marvel inspired collection. It’s exciting to see such a rich legacy of iconic characters and their individual stories so creatively captured,” said Gavin Ashcroft CMO of the Walt Disney Company AUNZ.
Harley-Davidson and Marvel fans can visit participating Harley-Davidson dealerships which will have their individual Super Hero Custom motorcycle on display or visit h-dmarvelcustoms.com to vote for their favourite character, trait or bike. Consumers will go in the draw for a chance to win the ultimate Harley-Davidson and Marvel holiday to Hollywood and Las Vegas.
Oz Comic Con Sydney (September 10 & 11, 2016) is the only event in the country where you’ll be able to get up close and personal with an assortment of this remarkable collection.
The Harley-Davidson and Marvel Super Hero Customs range includes the following characters and participating dealerships:
• Captain America, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand head office (NSW)
• Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil’s Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
• Iron Man – Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
• Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
• Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
• Hulk, Breakout (Softail) – Sun City H-D (QLD)
• Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) – Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
• Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy’s H-D (NSW)
• Wasp, Roadster- Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
• Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW)
• Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) – Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
• Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) – North Coast V-Twins (NSW) & Richardson’s Harley-Davidson (TAS)
• Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
• Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD)
• The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ)
• Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
• Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]