Harley-Davidson (H-D), Marvel and 303MullenLowe unveil Super Hero Customs, a collection of custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles inspired by some of the most powerful and iconic Marvel characters.
For over 110 years, H-D has championed personal freedom and individuality through customisation of its motorcycles. Today, it reignites that passion by unveiling 27 custom motorcycles, each one uniquely designed to reflect the personality and traits of a Marvel Super Hero.
Just like characters in the Marvel universe, no two customised Harley-Davidson motorcycles are the same; different powers, agilities and looks. The collaboration showcases some of the most popular Marvel characters and Harley-Davidson models – a Groot-inspired Street Glide Special from the Touring range, a Thor-inspired Breakout from the Softail family, and a Black Widow-inspired Iron 883 from the Sportster family to highlight just a few.
2016 also marks the 75th anniversary of Captain America’s first appearance in a Marvel comic.
Harley-Davidson spokesperson, David Turney said, “The spirit of freedom is alive and thriving in the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special. Like Captain America, it leads from the front with strength, power and endurance, enabling you to venture to new worlds and beyond.
“We customised the Captain America Street Glide Special to inspire Harley-Davidson dealers across Australia and New Zealand to create their own Marvel character inspired custom motorcycle using the wider H-D range. The results have been phenomenal. A true combination of super powers, with over 16 Marvel characters represented,” Turney says.
“Harley-Davidson and its dealers have done an amazing job with this Marvel inspired collection. It’s exciting to see such a rich legacy of iconic characters and their individual stories so creatively captured,” said Gavin Ashcroft CMO of the Walt Disney Company AUNZ.
Harley-Davidson and Marvel fans can visit participating Harley-Davidson dealerships which will have their individual Super Hero Custom motorcycle on display or visit h-dmarvelcustoms.com to vote for their favourite character, trait or bike. Consumers will go in the draw for a chance to win the ultimate Harley-Davidson and Marvel holiday to Hollywood and Las Vegas.
Oz Comic Con Sydney (September 10 & 11, 2016) is the only event in the country where you’ll be able to get up close and personal with an assortment of this remarkable collection.
The Harley-Davidson and Marvel Super Hero Customs range includes the following characters and participating dealerships:
• Captain America, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand head office (NSW)
• Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil’s Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
• Iron Man – Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
• Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
• Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
• Hulk, Breakout (Softail) – Sun City H-D (QLD)
• Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) – Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
• Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy’s H-D (NSW)
• Wasp, Roadster- Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
• Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW)
• Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) – Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
• Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) – North Coast V-Twins (NSW) & Richardson’s Harley-Davidson (TAS)
• Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
• Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD)
• The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ)
• Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
• Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)
B2B marketers could learn a thing or two from their B2C colleagues, argues WP Engine VP APAC sales Mark Randall in this guest post. It surprises me how many B2B organisations are not quite hitting the mark when it comes to reaching their audience. When talking directly to businesses, many brands are missing an opportunity […]
The majority of adverts uploaded to Facebook aren’t created for Facebook as its priority. This is causing huge inefficiencies and poor performance for brands, many of whom are facing up to shrinking budgets. Tom Phillips (main photo) managing director at Connecting Plots shares lessons from 12 campaigns they optimised for auto brands… It’s no secret […]
On Wednesday, 21 October 2020, the PR industry was bolstered by the launch of the Public Relations Institute of Australia’s (PRIA) first University Mentoring Program in New South Wales, adapting the traditional face-to-face program to a virtual format for the first time. In collaboration with the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), the PRIA NSW Young […]
JCDecaux has developed a dynamic digital campaign with live timetable data where commuters can access their money from MyPayNow while waiting for the bus. In an exclusive nationwide Out-Of-Home campaign, JCDecaux’s SMARTFRAME digital assets are broadcasting bus arrival times, letting commuters know how far away their next bus is – and just how easy it […]
Rokt has today announced an investment of US$80M. The capital will help accelerate research & development and support the expansion of its client base into new verticals and geographies as Rokt continues to make e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. The funding round was led by Rokt’s largest institutional shareholder TDM Growth Partners , and supported […]
PayPal Australia and Buy From The Bush have joined forces to launch a new online marketplace to showcase rural Australian small businesses in time for Christmas. The expanded partnership aims to build stronger connections between bush businesses and Australians in cities and suburbs across the country. The new Buy From The Bush Marketplace is an […]