Coca-Cola’s chief marketing officer, Marcos de Quinto, has rolled out a new ‘One Brand’ global marketing strategy which will scrap the tagline ‘Open Happiness’ and replaced it with a new brand motto of ‘Taste The Feeling’.
The revamped marketing ‘One Brand’ strategy focuses on ‘taste’ rather than a the more emotion-based tagline of ‘happiness’. de Quinto said “In some ways we had been hiding the product and we need a little more balance.
“When you are the leader of a category if you abdicate talking about your product benefits then you let other categories eat your part of the pie. Iced tea, flavoured waters will start capturing volume from your category.
“Basically what we are doing is re Coca-Colizing Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola is something simple, if we are a big brand it’ s because we have been a simple pleasure. The moment we become an icon we will become smaller, we are bigger the simpler we are.
“We are going to enforce commitment to help to control sugar over consumption by removing brand barriers to low/ zero calorie and to strengthen the brand by explaining its global equity and iconic appeal across the trademark.”
- Extends the global equity and iconic appeal of original Coca-Cola across the Trademark, uniting the Coca-Cola family under the world’s number one beverage brand.
- Comes to life in a global campaign – “Taste the Feeling” – that uses universal storytelling and everyday moments to connect with consumers around the world.
- Features the product at the heart of the creative, celebrating the experience and simple pleasure of drinking a Coca-Cola, any Coca-Cola.
- Underscores the Company’s commitment to choice, allowing consumers to choose whichever Coca-Cola suits their taste, lifestyle, and diet.
“Taste the Feeling,” will roll out at various times across all markets globally in 2016 and will come to life through a number of elements, including:
- 10 Television Commercials
- 100+ Campaign Images
- New Visual Identity System
- New Music Anthem and Audio Signature
- Shareable and Customizable Interactive Digital Experience
Coca-Cola gathered global creative minds from 10 different agencies to begin the development process, and ultimately the 10 Television Commercials created for the campaign were produced by the following four: Mercado-McCann, Sra. Rushmore, Santo, and Oglivy & Mather New York. Check out some here:
Rodolfo Echeverria, vice president, global creative, connections and digital, The Coca-Cola Company added: “The campaign creative was designed to celebrate the notion that the simple pleasure of drinking an ice-cold Coca-Cola makes any moment more special. The universal moments and storytelling depicted in the campaign were created to resonate with our consumers globally. The same images and television creative in Japan will also be seen in Italy, in Mexico and around the world.”