For more than seven years, Traveller has been inspiring Australians by delivering writing, beautiful photography and independent, expert advice through The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Sun-Herald, in print and online.
Now these much loved travel articles, reviews and destination guides have a fresh new home online with the launch of Traveller.com.au.
Traveller’s audience research has found that Australians are seeking transparent and credible travel advice and reviews to make informed travel decisions. For the first time, expert travel reviews and insider tips from Fairfax Media’s team of trusted writers sit alongside the latest user reviews from around the world thanks to a unique partnership with the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor.
Fairfax’s research into its travel audience also found that 77% of all trips involve online research, 62% of Fairfax’s audience who intend to travel accessed travel content on a mobile device and people visit on average of 13 different websites before booking their trip. Traveller.com.au will inspire Australians’ travel journeys with stories from the country’s most highly regarded travel writers, expert and user reviews, planning tools and the best curated holiday deals.
The consumer advertising campaign will use the positioning “Traveller.com.au – your destination for travel inspiration” and the headline “Let your mind roam”. The launch phase of the campaign will include print, radio and digital elements. From mid-October an interactive digital campaign to drive engagement and loyalty will launch using radio, digital, video and social media platforms.
The trade advertising campaign will feature elements from the consumer campaign and include a media-i videos and eDMs.
Later this month, Fairfax Media and Traveller.com.au will launch a new, landmark study on the travel motivations of Australians.
Fairfax Media group director Life Media Melina Cruickshank said: “We’re excited to announce the launch of Traveller.com.au, a fantastic new addition to the Fairfax Media digital portfolio. In partnership with TripAdvisor and built for an adaptive future, the site is a bold new destination for travellers seeking relevant and authentic inspiration.
“We are building on the long-standing success of our Traveller section to deliver our audience of more than 2.8 million people** an inspirational, trustworthy online travel destination.”
Traveller.com.au’s content will be created by Australia’s most credible and experienced travel writers. It features many unique destination content, holiday planning tools and trip deals never before accessible in the one place including:
- Six key sections for easy navigation including Destinations, Experiences, Travel Planning, Reviews, Travel Deals and Cruises.
- More than 700 international and domestic destinations showcased with beautiful magazine-style imagery, photography and exciting, inspiring content. Australians will also be able to explore destinations by experience, including search functionality with easy to use clickable icons across: family, beach, ski, luxury, driving holidays, food and wine, wellness and more.
- More than 1,500 accommodation reviews will sit alongside traveller reviews delivered by TripAdvisor. Featured on each review article are the latest user reviews from TripAdvisor and our newly introduced expert Traveller rating from our team of the most experienced travel writers and contributors in Australia, providing users with the tools to make the most suitable choices for their holiday.
- The latest and best holiday deals will feature across the site, hand-picked by Traveller.com.au’s expert travel team.
- A holiday planning calendar will recommend the best travel destinations month-by-month and the site will feature the best travel deals hand-picked by its expert editorial team.
- With an unwavering focus on travel inspiration, users will also be able to share articles with friends and family, with content and images most inspirational to them on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Google+.
The consumer campaign was created by The Royals and the trade campaign was created by Fairfax Media.
Social Indigenous Enterprise We Are Warriors (WAW), supported by creative innovation studio R/GA Australia, has been selected to produce the City of Sydney’s New Year’s Eve Calling Country live performance as part of the 9pm firework show. Lead image L-R: WAW co-founders Ben Miles & Nooky. The performance will feature a special Welcome to Country […]
With just over 24 hours to go until the world premiere of Addy Lala and the Mood Tea Thieves, limited tickets are still available for the pantomime, which will run for one night only at the Everest Theatre in Sydney’s Seymour Centre on December 5th. All in the industry are encouraged to come along to […]
2045, a Melbourne-based creative agency founded by Tim Evans and Nick Auditore has just launched. The agency takes its name from the year futurist Ray Kurzweil predicted organic and artificial intelligence would converge. Lead Image: 2045 Team Evans was formerly a Partner and Executive Strategy Director at DT (now AKQA), before co-founding B.B.E in 2015. […]
The National Breast Cancer Foundation has been announced as the Charity Partner for Sydney New Year’s Eve. The Australian not-for-profit organisation is represented by the pink ribbon and raises money to fund world-class research towards its vision of zero deaths from breast cancer. Research that saves lives through a better understanding of how to prevent […]
This holiday season, Emporium Melbourne has announced its festive creative campaign that celebrates and encourages the Melbourne community to embrace their personal ‘untraditional traditions’ – the unique traditions that make Christmas truly special for them, and their family. The campaign’s tagline, “Every tradition starts somewhere”, reflects Emporium’s commitment to embracing, inspiring and applauding diverse traditions […]
Reddit has announced updates to its new ads placement with Carousel Ads and Product Ads. These new units, placed in the heart of Reddit discussions, provide an even more dynamic and compelling way for advertisers to scale to relevant audiences, deliver deeper value to users, and drive stronger, full-funnel performance among the hundreds of thousands […]
Automotive Network Drive has announced its 2024 upfronts, its biggest in more than a decade, with a suite of more than 12 new products that underpin its vision to be the number one automotive network in Australia. Now in its 27th year and with a monthly audience of 2.45 million, Drive is leveraging its reputation […]