Digital marketing agency Alley has been crowned the top industry agency in The Australian Financial Review’s Fast Starters list for 2017, with 13 others also making the list.
Founded by Nick Lavidge (pictured above), and with 170.4 per cent revenue growth $9.84 million, Alley placed 14th in the annual list, which recognises the fastest-growing start-up businesses in Australia.
Here’s the full list of agencies who made the cut in this year’s AFR Fast Starters list:
- Alley – 14th overall with 170.4 per cent revenue growth at $9.84 million.
- Tech Mpire – 17th overall with 24.7 per cent revenue growth at $9.01 million.
- King Kong – 35th overall with 154.6 per cent revenue growth at $4.68 million.
- Be Media – 48th overall with 34.5 per cent revenue growth at $3.15 million.
- Indago Digital – 50th overall with 27.2 per cent revenue growth at $2.9 million.
- Slik – 51st overall with 131.6 per cent revenue growth at $2.8 million.
- Social Playground – 66th overall with 57.4 per cent revenue growth at $2.07 million.
- Melbourne Media Consulting – 71st overall with 102.9 per cent revenue growth at $1.84 million.
- Story(ation) – 79th overall with 40.2 per cent revenue growth at $1.41 million.
- eMarket Experts – 80th overall with 66.7 per cent revenue growth at $1.35 million.
- Yoghurt Digital – 81st overall with 64.2 per cent revenue growth at $1.25 million.
- Brandalism – 82nd overall with 148 per cent revenue growth at $1.25 million.
- Vine Digital – 83rd overall with 61.9 per cent revenue growth at $1.16 million.
- Cypha Interactive – 90th overall with 58.7 per cent revenue growth at $834.89k.
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]
Social purpose organisation UnLtd’s Big Games competition has raised a combined $85,000 for children and young people at risk. Running over five weeks, the competition involved 32 teams from across the advertising, marketing and media industries battling it out virtually for a chance to qualify for the Rocket League final. The tournament culminated in a […]
Stan has announced that the Stan Original Film Transfusion commenced filming in Sydney earlier this week and will premiere on Stan in 2022. Transfusion is a taut, muscular thriller starring Sam Worthington (Avatar) as Ryan Logan, a former Special Forces operative, who is battling to cope with life after the loss of his wife and is thrust […]
According to a decade of data collected by iStock, Australian brands turned to imagery depicting outdated gender stereotypes during the pandemic. Tracking the keyword ‘women’, iStock by Getty Images found that in 2020, ANZ brands and businesses reverted to gender stereotypes. Images of mothers home-schooling were used at almost twice the rate of images of […]
Schwartz Media is congratulating Maddison Connaughton on her three years as editor of The Saturday Paper. Connaughton has decided to finish up her editorship this month. “It’s been an honour to edit the paper,” Connaughton said. “The Saturday Paper is one of the brightest voices in Australian media and I have been happy to see […]
Research from EdBbirdie using Spotify data has identified the most popular songs to study to. After analysing thousands of studying and homework playlists on Spotify, American singer Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘drivers license’ came out as top song to study to. It featured on 48 study playlists, while other top songs included ‘Ophelia’ by The Lumineers, ‘Falling’ […]
Dayna Stewart is the Business Director – Digital Marketing, Media & Creative Services at The Nudge Group. Here, she discusses the challenges that come with building a successful marketing team when working remotely. Before COVID-19 changed the way businesses work, most marketing teams spent their days together in a meeting room collaborating on the next […]
The line-up for the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Festival has been announced as the legendary event returns live in Las Vegas in September. This year, the epic two-day lineup for the iHeartRadio Music Festival main stage will feature performances by Billie Eilish, Cheap Trick, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Florida Georgia Line, Journey, Khalid, Lil Baby, Maroon 5, Nelly, […]
Shop! ANZ is calling on shopper and retail marketing professionals from all retail related disciplines to participate in the first ANZ Shopper and Retail Marketing Industry Survey in four years. This important research provides a guide of where the retail marketing industry in Australia and New Zealand has come from and what is anticipated to […]