It’s the Women in Media People’s Choice Award – where the industry votes for who they believe is the most inspiring, game-changing and innovating woman in our industry!
Clicks continue to flock to the site, with votes closing in on seven thousand. There’s still plenty of time to gather you friends and colleagues to cast a vote, all you need to do is click here to start voting.
Those up for the People’s Choice encompass all women who entered the awards, as well as all the nominations we received from the massive list of inspirational women we published a few weeks ago.
Remember, there are still tickets available to the Women in Media Awards, held in Sydney at Doltone House on August 13. Grab yours at an early bird price right here.
As of 4pm yesterday afternoon, the current top 20 leader-board stands as thus:
- Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher, Starts at 60
- Susie Michaels, account director, Australian Radio Network
- Aleisha Haslemore, founder and managing director, Ultimate Edge
- Hannah O’Donnell, managing director, Straight Up PR
- Philippa Spork, author and mentor, Rules of Social Engagement
- Steph Harmon, founding and managing editor, Junkee Media
- Sophie Price, chief strategy officer, UM
- Lesley Edwards, managing partner, Ikon Communications
- Sarah Stringer, group innovation director, Carat
- Lindy Olsen, general manager and editor-in-chief, Fit Media
- Lara Brownlow, head of agencies Australia, LinkedIn
- Sarah Wyse, managing director ANZ, Videology
- Natasha Carroll, account director, Red Agency
- Carolyn Bollaci, global accounts and head of ANZ, Sizmek
- Esther Carlsen, general manager, Xaxis Australia
- Margie Reid, managing director, OMD Melbourne
- Rebecca Tos, managing director, Columbus
- Bec Brown, managing director, Bec Brown Communications
- Jennifer Bunting, product marketing, LinkedIn
- Sarah James, national head of digital, Carat
Aussie retail payments platform Afterpay has launched a new global look, feel and positioning with a fresh brand identity. Founded out of Bondi, Sydney, Australia five years ago, Afterpay has skyrocketed to infinite heights, with almost 10 million customers and 55,000-plus merchants now using the platform globally across Australia, US, UK (where it is called […]
How Communications’ China marketing director, Doris Li, believes ad-land professionals must be courageous enough “to be abnormal”, and listen to their hearts, to be fearless in times of change. During this year’s B&T Women in Media Awards, presented by Bauer Media, we’ll be recognising exceptional people who have achieved success in their professional arenas, celebrating […]
The holding companies might be losing as much as 23 per cent of their revenue year-on-year, but new business has remained relatively resilient through 2020, the lastest research from R3 has revealed. In the first half of 2020 total new business revenue decreased 10 per cent globally – but creative agencies are having to find […]
Independent communications consultancy The Mint Partners has bolstered its integrated client roster and signed a number of premium lifestyle brands to kick start the new financial year. With an array of new products, services, and a focus on insight-led and creative integrated communications, MINT has enjoyed recent success with an expanded portfolio across new categories including fintech, […]
A feature length documentary on the extraordinary racing career of Australia’s first Formula 1 champion, Sir Jack Brabham, co-produced by design, animation and visual effects house Heckler, will be available on Stan exclusively from this Friday – 7 August. Directed by Ákos Armont (Aurora Films) in association with Heckler, whose co-founder Will Alexander served as […]
In a first for the Australian insurance market, Club Marine, Australia’s largest provider of boat and pleasure-craft insurance, has released a new series of videos to help explain insurance cover. With a few familiar Aussie personalities to help out, Club Marine is helping its members, as well as the broader boating community, to understand the […]