Inspired by the idea that the world would be a much nicer place if we could all ‘give a little love’, Target’s new Christmas campaign tells the story of a young teenage boy who thoughtfully sets off to buy a gift for his mum, and then inadvertently leaves it behind, prompting the whole city to come together to get the gift back to him.
The work of AJF Partnership and set to the iconic Burt Bacharach track What The World Needs Now, sung by Dionne Warwick, it’s a simple and sweet story of kindness and coming together.
Target’s general marketing manager, Kenton Elliot says, “At Target, we understand that giving is the ultimate act of love at Christmas. This campaign celebrates the joy of giving and celebrates the breadth of our offering. Especially at Christmas, we want to give our customers everything they need to create memorable moments for their families.”
The campaign will be seen on multiple channels including TV, cinema, online and social media and was directed by Stephen Carroll from Revolver, with media planning and buying by OMD.
AJF Partnership executive creative director Josh Stephens says, “We wanted to create a piece that embraced the magic of goodwill at Christmas, but with a little bit of edge. Target’s summer fashion and on-trend decorations and gifts have allowed us to do just that.”
Target’s Christmas campaign kicked off Sunday, 28 October.
Client: Target Australia
- General Manager, Marketing: Kenton Elliot
- Head of Brand Communication and Customer Experience: Nicole Gillard
- Head of Creative: Nunzio Miano
- Brand Marketing Manager: Laurelle Esse
- Campaign Manager: Lauren Conte
Agency: AJF Partnership,
- Executive Creative Director: Josh Stephens
- Head of Strategy: Jacqueline Witts
- Group Account Director: Emily Pockley
- Creative Director: David Klein
- Senior Copywriter: Georgie Hanby
- Account Director: Tess Porter
- Strategic Planner: Hayley Read
- Account Manager: Lucy Bell
- Senior TV Producer: Liesel Haug
- Director: Stephen Carroll
- Producer: Alice Grant