For the first time since launching five years ago, Spotify is upgrading its Premium Family plan and unlocking a whole new set of features exclusively for families, including parental controls for explicit content, overhauled account management tools and personalised playlists to enjoy together.
The updated Spotify Premium Family plan gives family members living under one roof more choices to customize music streaming and podcasts, and still with an unparalleled ad-free, on-demand music listening experience.
With the new Spotify Premium Family Plan, members will keep everything they love – like six individual accounts for the discounted price of $17.99 per month – but now with customisations that make listening to music and podcasts together as a family more fun, unique and easier to manage, including:
- Parental Controls: A long-requested feature on Community boards, parents in the master account role will now be able to control the Explicit Content Filter setting of all sub-accounts on their plan. The Explicit Content Filter is password protected so sub-accounts will not be able to control this setting themselves.
- Family Mix: Families will get exclusive access to a personalised playlist packed with songs the whole family enjoys. Family Mix is updated regularly and you can control who is in each session to optimise your family’s favorite shared listening moments.
- Family Hub: With Family Hub, master account holders can manage their Family account settings in one place, including adding or removing family members, updating your address and the Explicit Account Filter.
- Six Accounts: Spotify Premium Family still provides six Spotify Premium accounts for family members living under one roof, meaning that you’ll each have a place for your own saved music, podcasts, and playlists, and get Spotify’s recommendations for your unique tastes.
Since we first introduced Spotify Premium Family in 2014, we’ve experienced incredible year-over-year growth, with millions of subscribers in more than 60 countries around the world that have access to more than 50 million tracks and 450,000 podcast titles –creating endless possibilities for family members to choose the beat that matches their mood.
To celebrate its five-year anniversary, Spotify Premium Family analysed how families are listening to music and found:
- Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, Sunflower – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse by Post Malone and Swae Lee, and Happier by Bastille and Marshmello are the top most streamed songs globally across Family plan members
- The most listened to artists by Spotify Premium Family subscribers globally include Ariana Grande, Drake, Queen, Billie Eilish and Khalid
The upgraded Premium Family Plan is rolling out today in Ireland and will be introduced in Australia and all countries where Premium Family is offered will get access to the new features.