Snapchat has made two significant announcements leading into Cannes 2017 regarding its platform designed to make it easy for marketers of all sizes to unlock the power of video ads efficiently and effectively.
Snapchat Ad Manager has officially opened today for use. It’s an all-in-one tool designed for marketers big and small to quickly advertise on Snapchat at scale.
Here are the key features:
- Buy, manage, optimise, and view reporting on ad campaigns.
- Pay for Snap Ads by credit card in the US, rather than by credit line.
- No minimum spend – get started with a few dollars.
- Auction-buying, so prices are set by market determinants rather than by Snap.
- All Snap Ad types (app install, long-form video, webview), targeting capabilities, goal-based bidding (‘bid for swipes’ and ‘bid for installs’), and reporting metrics are available.
- Advertisers can manage key assets (video creative, first-party audience lists) directly within the tool.
- All ads will be reviewed by Snap to ensure quality before going live. Furthermore, any ad that underperforms may also be weeded out via the market dynamics of Snap’s auction.
Advertisers also get a mobile dashboard to track campaigns on the go, monitor performance in real time, preview ads etc.; Business Manager to administer ad accounts, access levels, billing contacts etc.; Business Help Center; and chat support.
Snapchat has also announced a new browser-based tool coming in July called Snap Publisher, which will enable advertisers to create Snap Ads in under two minutes.
It will also help advertisers new to Snapchat who don’t have in-house creatives to cut and format video.
Here are the key features of Snap Publisher:
- Import existing brand assets in seconds with an automatic media importer.
- Quickly optimise existing videos by trimming horizontal videos into vertical mobile videos.
- Utilise a Snap-provided library of themes optimised by advertising objective.
- Add motion to still photos and images to quickly turn them into Snap Ads.
- Create multiple versions to test which creative works for different audiences using Ad Manager.
- Seamlessly buy ads using one-click publishing to Ad Manager.
A new survey released today from global creative platform Genero shares first-hand findings from creative talent around the world about the impact COVID-19 has had on their work life, and what the future holds for the creative production industry. The report, The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Creative Industry, finds that COVID-19 has accelerated […]
Foxtel Media has announced four new offerings to provide advertisers expertise in more targeted, dynamic media delivery as part of a realignment towards digital. The new offerings are Foxtel Xplore Audience targeting on Kayo, addressable audience targeting on Foxtel Go, the ability to target in-venue viewers on Fox Venues, and a new Dynamic Trading Platform. […]
On Thursday, Quantcast held their Virtual NOVA event, discussing the current state of the advertising industry, the end of third-party cookies, the open internet vs walled gardens, and data privacy and consent. The event coincided with the launch of their new Quantcast Platform. It is an intelligent audience platform powered by the company’s patented AI […]
Global marketing agency LEWIS today revealed findings from its new global research on gender inequality, conducted in support of the global HeForShe movement. You can read the report in full here. The report shows the impact and perceptions of gender inequities during the pandemic across 13 countries. The findings reveal an alarming trend: 98 per […]
Social relations agency, Haystac, part of the BWM Dentsu Group, has been appointed PR agency for Dairy Australia following a competitive pitch. As the national services body for the dairy industry, Dairy Australia supports the profitability and sustainability of dairy farming and its role in producing quality, nutritious food, while committing to the care of […]
While the Sydney Sixers won the BBL season ten trophy, Rexona Clinica won the summer sports marketing battle with a game-changing sponsorship idea. BBL 2020-21 series will go down as the ‘Year of the Pit’ after Rexona Clinical owned the summer after unveiling its new form of advertising sponsorship – ‘Pitvertising’. The concept, devised by […]