Snapchat has made two significant announcements leading into Cannes 2017 regarding its platform designed to make it easy for marketers of all sizes to unlock the power of video ads efficiently and effectively.
Snapchat Ad Manager has officially opened today for use. It’s an all-in-one tool designed for marketers big and small to quickly advertise on Snapchat at scale.
Here are the key features:
- Buy, manage, optimise, and view reporting on ad campaigns.
- Pay for Snap Ads by credit card in the US, rather than by credit line.
- No minimum spend – get started with a few dollars.
- Auction-buying, so prices are set by market determinants rather than by Snap.
- All Snap Ad types (app install, long-form video, webview), targeting capabilities, goal-based bidding (‘bid for swipes’ and ‘bid for installs’), and reporting metrics are available.
- Advertisers can manage key assets (video creative, first-party audience lists) directly within the tool.
- All ads will be reviewed by Snap to ensure quality before going live. Furthermore, any ad that underperforms may also be weeded out via the market dynamics of Snap’s auction.
Advertisers also get a mobile dashboard to track campaigns on the go, monitor performance in real time, preview ads etc.; Business Manager to administer ad accounts, access levels, billing contacts etc.; Business Help Center; and chat support.
Snapchat has also announced a new browser-based tool coming in July called Snap Publisher, which will enable advertisers to create Snap Ads in under two minutes.
It will also help advertisers new to Snapchat who don’t have in-house creatives to cut and format video.
Here are the key features of Snap Publisher:
- Import existing brand assets in seconds with an automatic media importer.
- Quickly optimise existing videos by trimming horizontal videos into vertical mobile videos.
- Utilise a Snap-provided library of themes optimised by advertising objective.
- Add motion to still photos and images to quickly turn them into Snap Ads.
- Create multiple versions to test which creative works for different audiences using Ad Manager.
- Seamlessly buy ads using one-click publishing to Ad Manager.
Leading Australian market research data brand, RDA Research, provides actionable consumer intelligence to help businesses inform decision making and growth strategies. RDA Research wanted to make its unique consumer data available for addressable digital targeting and required a data onboarding partner to help activate their data in an online environment.
Storytelling agency Enthral has appointed Channel 7 reporter and sports presenter Sean Sowerby as its new senior PR and content manager in Melbourne. Sowerby (pictured) started his award-winning career at 3AW before spending more than 15 years in television. Enthral founder and manager director, Cameron Smith, spoke of the significance of Sowerby joining the agency. […]
This week Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa are celebrating 10 years of their iconic radio show and plenty of famous faces have weighed in on the feat! For Fitzy & Wippa’s 10-year anniversary show they were joined by a bunch of special friends who shared their messages and favourite memories over the last decade. The guys […]
Ever since Google first announced it would be getting rid of third-party cookies on Chrome, digital advertising businesses have been actively sharing their plans for life after cookies. And now programmatic advertising company Blis might have come up with the most creative way to get the message across, in a new video which sees company […]
Integrated Melbourne agency Icon has taken top honours in the 2021 SABRE Awards, winning the coveted Australasian Consultancy of the Year for 2021 along with a host of category and craft awards. Icon led a large field of Australian agencies with a total of three major and seven minor awards, including gold in the cause-related […]
Former agency executives Tim O’Neill and Tim Fouhy have launched the auto technology startup Summon. Australia’s first full e-commerce service for prestige cars. O’Neill and Fouhy both founded Reactive, a digital agency, which was bought by Accenture in 2016. Following the deal, O’Neill and Fouhy ended up leading the company’s digital marketing arm, Accenture Interactive before […]