Women are inspirational, courageous and strong, but still sometimes unequal to their male counterparts, even in 2018.
Which is why here at B&T we’re celebrating the amazing women in our industry. That’s right folks, the Women in Media Awards are back for 2018!
Running for the sixth consecutive year and presented by the lovely Bauer Media Group yet again, B&T‘s Women in Media Awards will recognise exceptional women who’ve achieved astronomical success in the media and communications industry.
These inspiring women are all around us – leading, innovating and mentoring the next generation. These awards will celebrate that leadership and innovation, and the resulting invaluable contributions they have made to this industry and their own professional arenas.
If you think you could be one of these inspiring women (which you are), entries are now open for the 2018 Women in Media Awards!
There are a whopping 21 categories this year, including Male Champion of Change (which, for obvious reasons, is meant for a man to win). Companies can also enter certain categories like Best Ad Campaign.
You can enter more than one category, provided you fit the criteria, but triple check before you do, because not only have the categories been updated this year, but there are two new categories: Executive Leader and Social Change Maker.
Two other categories have been changed this year:
- Agency Sales/Account Management (previously part of Sales/Account Management)
- Media Sales/Account Management (previously part of Sales/Account Management)
So, without further ado, take a look at the new and improved, 2018-style list of categories you can enter in:
- Best Ad Campaign – Championing the Equality Cause
- Creative Producer
- Male Champion of Change
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations
- Rising Star
- Agency Sales/Account Management
- Media Sales/Account Management
- Executive Leader
- Social Change Maker
- People’s Choice (via poll)
- Women of the Year (as chosen by B&T)
- Lifetime Achievement (as chosen by B&T)
The awards are still a few months away, but for you keen beans wanting to get started on your entry, click here.
And if you have any burning, unanswered questions, this list of general info should help:
- The on-time deadline for entries is 5pm AEST on Friday 15 June 2018. Late entries are accepted until 5pm AEST on Friday 22 June 2018.
- The cost of each on-time entry is $149 (excluding GST). Late entries are $199 (excluding GST) each.
- You are eligible to enter more than one category, as long as the work submitted meets the criteria.
- Previous Women in Media award winners are eligible to enter again.
- Peer and self-nominations are accepted.
- Judging is done by a panel of industry experts and entries are given a score out of 100.
- Entry fees must be paid by credit card at time of completing online submissions. If your submission/s has/have not been paid for at close of entry, they may not be included for judging.
- Please ensure all details are entered accurately, and please include nominee’s profile photo (in Attachment tab), as this will be used for the awards presentation.
- All nominees must purchase ticket to attend awards gala dinner.
Key dates are as follows:
- On-time deadline: Friday 15 June 2018 (5pm AEST), entry fee $149 (plus GST) each.
- Late entries deadline: Friday 22 June 2018 (5pm AEST), entry fee $199 (plus GST) each.
- Shortlist announced: Thursday 19 July 2018.
- Awards gala dinner: Friday 17 August 2018 at Doltone House – Jones Bay Wharf.
Grab early bird tickets to the event here (to make sure you 100 per cent don’t miss out on this fab, inspiring event).
And a quick shoutout to all our lovely sponsors below! You guys mean the world in making this event happen.
As part of L’Oréal’s global corporate governance process, which sees a media review completed every four years, L’Oréal Australia and New Zealand have appointed GroupM agency Wavemaker as its new media agency from 1st October 2021. The review process was overseen by Ebiquity, an independent advisor to manage the process on behalf of L’Oréal Australia and […]
Logo designer BrandCrowd has created its own logo to align with the federal government’s ‘Arm Yourself’ vaccine campaign. Taking inspiration from the iconic World War Two image of Rosie the Riveter, the logo was created by a network of designers. According to BrandCrowd, “with the Australian government’s COVID-19 vaccination rollout under increasing scrutiny and accompanying […]
Nova 919 has announced that Jodie Oddy will officially join the station, with The Jodie Oddy Show set to kickstart Nova’s weekends. An Adelaide radio favourite and one of the most enduring and successful female media personalities in SA, Oddy joins Nova with over 13 years breakfast radio experience and is excited to be getting […]
Jacqueline Gonzales [featured image] is the Head of Global Marketing at Squarespace. In this piece, she shares her best pieces of advice for launching a campaign globally. It’s estimated that we see between 6,000 to 10,000 ads every single day. In today’s digital landscape we’re constantly bombarded by so many different brand messages from every […]