AD STARS has announced this year’s Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze winners, which were chosen from 20,028 entries from 60 countries.
11 Grand Prix trophies were awarded to 9 creative companies, with Ogilvy Australia taking out a Grand Prix in the mobile and social & influencer categories for its ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! work.
On the KFC Secret Menu mobile campaign, Sascha Kuntze, Chief Creative Officer, BBH Singapore said: “This campaign is such a fresh way to take something so mundane as a delivery app, and play with internet culture to invite people to find something. I know how hard it is for any restaurant, especially a QSR (quick service restaurant), to change their product. This stood out because it was driving business, it was cheeky, gives people a reason to talk about you and lasts longer than one day or one week of PR.”
Alt.vfx also won a Grand Prix in the film category for its Dinosaur Vs Unicorn work for AA Insurance.
Check out the other Grand Prix winners below:
– 72andSunny Los Angeles, USA: ‘Swipe Night’ for Tinder (Brand Experience & Activation Grand Prix) and ‘Next 100’ for NFL (Film Grand Prix)
– Ogilvy Australia: ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! (Mobile Grand Prix and Social & Influencer Grand Prix)
– Dentsu Inc., Japan: ‘Pocky THE GIFT’ for Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (Design Grand Prix)
– Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand: ‘Belted Survivors’ for NZ Transport Agency (Diverse Insights Grand Prix)
– Alt.vfx, Australia: ‘Dinosaur Vs Unicorn’ for AA Insurance (Film Grand Prix)
– Walt Disney Company, United States: ‘Pixar Street View’ for Walt Disney World (Outdoor Grand Prix)
– Flock Creative Network, Indonesia: ‘Mad Cousin’ for McDonald’s / PT. Rekso Nasional Food (Print Grand Prix)
– Jung von matt, Germany: ‘For Seasons composed by climate data’ for NDR Elbphilhamornie Orchestra Hamburg, Germany (Radio & Audio Grand Prix)
– WPP Marketing Communications, Thailand: ‘Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange’ for Thai Airways International (Pivot Grand Prix)
Other Aussie Ad Star winners included:
– OTTO Australia: ‘Dolly’s Dream – Are your words doing damage?’ for Dolly’s Dream (Gold – Film; Bronze – PSA)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘Up, Up and Toupee’ for Virgin Australia (Gold – Film & Video Stars)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘The Burnt Christmas Tree’ for Red Cross Australia (4 Golds (1 Media, 1 Brand Experience & Activation plus 2 PR Golds)