AD STARS has announced this year’s Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze winners, which were chosen from 20,028 entries from 60 countries.
11 Grand Prix trophies were awarded to 9 creative companies, with Ogilvy Australia taking out a Grand Prix in the mobile and social & influencer categories for its ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! work.
On the KFC Secret Menu mobile campaign, Sascha Kuntze, Chief Creative Officer, BBH Singapore said: “This campaign is such a fresh way to take something so mundane as a delivery app, and play with internet culture to invite people to find something. I know how hard it is for any restaurant, especially a QSR (quick service restaurant), to change their product. This stood out because it was driving business, it was cheeky, gives people a reason to talk about you and lasts longer than one day or one week of PR.”
Alt.vfx also won a Grand Prix in the film category for its Dinosaur Vs Unicorn work for AA Insurance.
Check out the other Grand Prix winners below:
– 72andSunny Los Angeles, USA: ‘Swipe Night’ for Tinder (Brand Experience & Activation Grand Prix) and ‘Next 100’ for NFL (Film Grand Prix)
– Ogilvy Australia: ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! (Mobile Grand Prix and Social & Influencer Grand Prix)
– Dentsu Inc., Japan: ‘Pocky THE GIFT’ for Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (Design Grand Prix)
– Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand: ‘Belted Survivors’ for NZ Transport Agency (Diverse Insights Grand Prix)
– Alt.vfx, Australia: ‘Dinosaur Vs Unicorn’ for AA Insurance (Film Grand Prix)
– Walt Disney Company, United States: ‘Pixar Street View’ for Walt Disney World (Outdoor Grand Prix)
– Flock Creative Network, Indonesia: ‘Mad Cousin’ for McDonald’s / PT. Rekso Nasional Food (Print Grand Prix)
– Jung von matt, Germany: ‘For Seasons composed by climate data’ for NDR Elbphilhamornie Orchestra Hamburg, Germany (Radio & Audio Grand Prix)
– WPP Marketing Communications, Thailand: ‘Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange’ for Thai Airways International (Pivot Grand Prix)
Other Aussie Ad Star winners included:
– OTTO Australia: ‘Dolly’s Dream – Are your words doing damage?’ for Dolly’s Dream (Gold – Film; Bronze – PSA)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘Up, Up and Toupee’ for Virgin Australia (Gold – Film & Video Stars)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘The Burnt Christmas Tree’ for Red Cross Australia (4 Golds (1 Media, 1 Brand Experience & Activation plus 2 PR Golds)
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]