AD STARS has announced this year’s Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze winners, which were chosen from 20,028 entries from 60 countries.
11 Grand Prix trophies were awarded to 9 creative companies, with Ogilvy Australia taking out a Grand Prix in the mobile and social & influencer categories for its ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! work.
On the KFC Secret Menu mobile campaign, Sascha Kuntze, Chief Creative Officer, BBH Singapore said: “This campaign is such a fresh way to take something so mundane as a delivery app, and play with internet culture to invite people to find something. I know how hard it is for any restaurant, especially a QSR (quick service restaurant), to change their product. This stood out because it was driving business, it was cheeky, gives people a reason to talk about you and lasts longer than one day or one week of PR.”
Alt.vfx also won a Grand Prix in the film category for its Dinosaur Vs Unicorn work for AA Insurance.
Check out the other Grand Prix winners below:
– 72andSunny Los Angeles, USA: ‘Swipe Night’ for Tinder (Brand Experience & Activation Grand Prix) and ‘Next 100’ for NFL (Film Grand Prix)
– Ogilvy Australia: ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! (Mobile Grand Prix and Social & Influencer Grand Prix)
– Dentsu Inc., Japan: ‘Pocky THE GIFT’ for Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (Design Grand Prix)
– Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand: ‘Belted Survivors’ for NZ Transport Agency (Diverse Insights Grand Prix)
– Alt.vfx, Australia: ‘Dinosaur Vs Unicorn’ for AA Insurance (Film Grand Prix)
– Walt Disney Company, United States: ‘Pixar Street View’ for Walt Disney World (Outdoor Grand Prix)
– Flock Creative Network, Indonesia: ‘Mad Cousin’ for McDonald’s / PT. Rekso Nasional Food (Print Grand Prix)
– Jung von matt, Germany: ‘For Seasons composed by climate data’ for NDR Elbphilhamornie Orchestra Hamburg, Germany (Radio & Audio Grand Prix)
– WPP Marketing Communications, Thailand: ‘Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange’ for Thai Airways International (Pivot Grand Prix)
Other Aussie Ad Star winners included:
– OTTO Australia: ‘Dolly’s Dream – Are your words doing damage?’ for Dolly’s Dream (Gold – Film; Bronze – PSA)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘Up, Up and Toupee’ for Virgin Australia (Gold – Film & Video Stars)
– DDB Sydney, Australia: ‘The Burnt Christmas Tree’ for Red Cross Australia (4 Golds (1 Media, 1 Brand Experience & Activation plus 2 PR Golds)
A new player has arrived on the Brisbane scene – and it’s growing fast. Colony is a strategic communications advisory that started in Port Moresby in 2015, working with major Asia-Pacific clients like the Brian Bell Group, Digicel and Puma Energy. To build a greater capacity to support the Port Moresby office and serve these […]
AnalogFolk Group Launches Behavioural Transformation Consultancy, MindWorks Consulting. Focused on delivering improved business outcomes, the consultancy applies behavioural economics to both marketing strategy and organisational design. In a rapidly changing world, companies need to be nimbler than ever before, reading and reacting at pace to changing market conditions, competitor landscapes and customer needs. New technologies […]
Beloved radio personality, Byron Cooke is back on Melbourne breakfast radio, announcing he will host KIIS 101.1 breakfast this morning and will back behind the mic until February when the Jase & Lauren in the Morning show returns. The announcement follows news regular breakfast co-host, Jase Hawkins, is expecting his third baby any day now. “I’ve been mates […]