Eventbrite, Global self-service ticketing platform, has launched the local ticketing industry’s first self-service reserved seating solution to allow event organisers and attendees to automatically prioritise and select seats.
The new functionality is now available to all event-goers and event organisers on Eventbrite.com.au at no additional cost.
Eventbrite Australia managing director, Rachael Neumann, said the new reserved seating technology would open the company up to more types of events and venues in the future, including comedy shows, theatres, school plays, galas, performing arts, spectator sports and community centres.
“At Eventbrite we are focused on democratising the massive ticketing industry and addressing the biggest problems organisers and attendees face: lack of innovation, disappointing customer support, and high ticketing fees,” said Neumann.
“Reserved seating technology has been broken for years, and it shows in the experience organisers and attendees face today. The industry is hungry for an alternative, and today’s launch is our first step in eliminating the pain of outdated and expensive reserved seating tools and replacing them with simple, yet robust technology.”
At the core of Eventbrite’s pick-a-seat solution is Eventbrite’s Seat Designer which allows event organisers to:
- Easily create a realistic seat map in minutes using drag and drop technology.
- Designate a focal point to automatically determine and fill the best seats first with ‘best available’ seating priority for each ticket type or section.
- Save and share seat maps with other organisers, and gain access to existing crowd-sourced seat map.
- Set optimal pricing for each seat in the house to capture the greatest value of an event.
Seat Designer also offers a premium experience for attendees from point of purchase through to the event experience itself:
- Attendees have two options: they can select their desired quantity of tickets on the event page, or click on the seat map to start their search. Both interactions will take the attendee to a vibrant seat map. An attendee can simply click on a seat to add or remove it from their order. They can also change their mind and select different seat.