The Gunn Report has released Cases for Creativity 2014, a study that identifies the campaigns that have won both a Cannes Gold Lion for creativity and a 2014 Gold Effie for effectiveness.
Representing the high watermark of advertising achievement, 12 campaigns have accomplished such a feat in 2014 and show the ability for creativity in all its forms to drive extraordinary results. Traditional TVCs sit alongside PR stunts, technology experiments, and good old-fashioned consumer promotions.
Created by BBDO, BETC, Leo Burnett, Mayo Publicidad, McCann, Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi and TBWA, the 12 campaigns hail from Argentina, Australia (x2), Brazil (x2), France, New Zealand (x2), Peru (x2), UAE and USA.
The Cases for Creativity 2014 are:
- “A Boy And His Atom” for IBM by Ogilvy & Mather, USA
- “Baby&Me” for Evian by BETC Paris, France
- “Bentley Burial” for Brazilian Association of Organ Transplants by Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Brazil
- “Catch a Million” for DB Breweries by Saatchi & Saatchi, New Zealand
- “Dumb Ways to Die” for Metro Trains Melbourne by McCann Melbourne, Australia
- “Happy ID for Coca-Cola” by McCann Erickson, Peru
- “Mistakes” for New Zealand Transport Agency by Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand
- “Potable Water Generator” for Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología by Mayo Publicidad, Peru
- “Share A Coke” for Coca-Cola by Ogilvy & Mather Sydney, Australia
- “The 1000 Miles of Luca” for Consejo Publicitario Argentino by TBWA, Argentina
- “The Autocomplete Truth” for UN Women by Memac Ogilvy – DXB, United Arab Emirates
- “The Unlaunch of the Volkswagen Kombi” for Volkswagen by Almap BBDO, Brazil
Author of the study, James Hurman, founder of the Auckland based innovation consultancy, Previously Unavailable, says, “Effectiveness continues to defy media categorisation, but the one thing this diverse group of ideas have in common is that people saw fit to share them; and only the most engaging creative ideas executed by the most talented people will be shared.”
Lead image via Ogilvy.
The rapid growth in ecommerce during the pandemic has heightened the need for real-time insights to accommodate fast-changing customer behaviour. Accordingly, CMOs’ responsibilities are shifting, and around three quarters are now responsible for contributing to business growth (76 per cent) and data and technology (74 per cent). This is according to the latest Capgemini Research […]
TikTok says that it has officially reached more than one billion global users. In a blog post on its Australian newsroom, the video app said, “our global community is remarkable in its ability to reach millions of people, across generations. From music, food, beauty and fashion to art, causes, and everything in between, culture truly […]
Six screenwriting creatives from across Australia have been selected as the inaugural participants in the Emerging Writers’ Incubator. The Incubator is an initiative from SBS in partnership with Screen Australia, state and territory agencies Film Victoria, Screen Canberra, Screen NSW, Screen Queensland, Screenwest and the South Australian Film Corporation, and with the assistance of the […]
Australian start-up Loyalty Republic is introducing Australia’s first bank and card agnostic direct earn rewards program to democratise loyalty and make rewards accessible and fair for anyone using a debit card. The Loyalty Republic mobile app will place consumers in control of their rewards earning potential and redemption options, with a simplified model offering 1 point per $1 spent on debit card […]