With Ru Paul’s Drag race: Down Under kicking off on Stan last week, lingerie brand Pour Moi investigated who Australia’s most Googled drag queens of the last year were.
Coming in on top was homegrown legend and all-round Australian icon Courtney Act, who took out the crown with 12,1000 searched in the last twelve months.
After originally appearing on Australian Idol, Act was the runner-up in the sixth season of the show’s original American format.
She also won 2018’s Celebrity Big Brother UK and hosts popular podcast Brenda, Call Me! with fellow drag queen Vanity.
In second place was season seven contestant and All Stars season three winner Trixie Mattel. Mattel is also a popular country music singer and co-host of web show Unhhh with fellow drag queen Katya Zamolodchikova.
The third most Googled was season eight and All Stars season three contestant and dancer ChiChi Devayne, who tragically passed away last year.
The research results show that queens with links to certain countries were widely searched there. French queen Nicky Doll was most googled in France, Bebe Zahara Benet was searched widely in Cameroon and The Vivienne was number one in the UK.
Most Googled Drag Race Queens Around The World:
- Canada: Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Violet Chachki, Rita Baga
- USA: Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Carmen Carrera, Sharon Needles
- Russia: Trixie Mattel, Katya Zamolodchikova, GiGi Goode, Aquaria
- Germany: Trixie Mattel, Crystal Methyd, Chi Chi Devayne, Violet Chachki
- France: Nicky Doll, Trixie Mattel, Violet Chachki, Chi Chi Devayne
- Spain: Trixie Mattel, Violet Chachki, Chi Chi Devayne, Bianca Del Rio
- UK: Trixie Mattel, Courtney Act, Chi Chi Devayne, The Vivienne
- India: Trixie Mattel, Aquaria, Carmen Carrera, Sasha Velour
- Japan: Violet Chachki, Chi Chi Devayne, Aquaria, Trixie Mattel
- UAE: Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Bianca del Rio, Violet Chachki
- Australia: Courtney Act, Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Violet Chachki
- New Zealand: Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Gigi Goode, Crystal Methyd
- Cameroon: Bebe Zahara Benet, Chi Chi Devayne, Crystal Methyd, Trixie Mattel
- South Africa: Trixie Mattel, Chi Chi Devayne, Crystal Methyd, Jujubee
The Consumer Data Right has been billed as a revolutionary new way for Australian businesses and customers to share data. Over two parts, smrtr’s co-founder and CTO Boris Guennewig looks at how it is changing how consumers and businesses use data. The Consumer Data right – as the name would suggest – is all about […]
Captify has today announced the next evolution of its use of Xandr’s platform, Xandr Curate. Programmatic buyers will be able to activate Captify’s live, intent-driven audiences – built by billions of real-time searches from global publisher and e-commerce sites – across curated multi-seller video private marketplaces (PMPs) in one of the largest omnichannel, global exchanges. […]