Fans of food and the people who make it can get excited because My Kitchen Rules is back for another season!
MKR is returning to our screens on Channel 7 at 7.30pm on Monday, February 1.
Twelve new teams of talented home cooks and wannabe chefs are getting their chance to fight for $250,000 in prize money and serve up some mouth-watering meals to judges Manu Feildel, Pete Evans, and Colin Fassnidge, as well as guest judges Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan.
And when the famous MKR doorbell rings this year, there will be a new judge taking a place at the dinner table!
Each team will take turns to transform an ordinary home into an instant restaurant and plate up a three-course menu designed to impress the judges and their fellow contestants.
Last year, an average audience of 2.43 million viewers tuned in to see Pommie best mates Will and Steve take out the 2015 title.
It seems only fitting then, that we introduce you to the new teams for 2016. Say hello to your MKR contestants:
- New South Wales – Monique & Sarah – Cops
- Victoria – Mitch & Laura – Brother and Sister
- Queensland – Cheryl & Matt – Cougar and Cub
- South Australia – Rosie & Paige – Best Mates
- Western Australia – Anna & Jordan – Mother and Son
- Victoria – Gianni & Zana – Married Lawyers
- Queensland – Alex & Gareth – Miners
- New South Wales – Luciano & Martino – Italianos
- Victoria – Tasia & Gracia – Sisters
- Queensland – JP & Nelly – Lovebirds
- Western Australia – Nev & Kell – Tradie and Cleaner
- Victoria – Jessica & Marcos – Fitness Friends
Queensland’s Cougar and Cub duo from Group 1, Cheryl & Matt, said laughter will get them through the stress.
“We can laugh at any situation and think about it as a ‘glass half full’ opportunity,” Cheryl said.
Group 2’s Luciano & Martino added, “I could cook you a dish a day for a year and still I wouldn’t double up on a dish”.