NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian and minister for multiculturalism Ray Williams announced the winners (see full list at the bottom of this article) of the Premier’s Multicultural Communications Awards on Monday night.
Creative agency The Monkeys won Agency Campaign of the Year for its work for IAG/CGU. Check out the spot below:
“I congratulate tonight’s nominees and winners for demonstrating excellence in multicultural communications across media and marketing,” Berejiklian said.
“Multicultural communicators ensure everyone has access to information about services and opportunities to participate fully in our society.
“Communicating the successes of our multicultural society and identity is core to the success of our harmonious and socially cohesive State.”
Williams said the winners and finalists demonstrated the importance of a thriving multicultural communications sector.
“Multicultural communications is an essential component of any brand and business today,” Williams said.
“These awards set the benchmark of excellence for media and marketing professionals not only in NSW, but across the country.”
Eduardo González – Cristóbal received the Lifetime Achievement Award for more than 40 years of service to the Australian Spanish community as the founder of 24-hour 7-day-a-week Spanish radio station, Radio Austral, and the first weekly national Spanish newspaper, Extra Informativo.
2018 Premier’s Multicultural Communications Awards Winners
- Best Radio/Audio Report: Xiao Han – 2ac Australian Chinese Radio
- Best TV/Audio-Visual Report: Sayed Hussainizada
- Best News Report: Iman Riman and Maram Ismail – SBS Arabic24
- Young Journalist of the Year: Sofia Dmitrieva – RusTalk TV
- Photo of the Year: Yusra Hadi – AMUST
- Best Use of Digital or Social Media: Why Documentaries
- Public Interest Award: Natalia Godoy and Soraya Caicedo – SBS Spanish
- Alan Knight Student Award: Ella Tang
- Publication of the Year: Indian Link
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Eduardo González – Cristóbal
- Agency Campaign of the Year: The Monkeys for IAG/CGU
- AFL NSW/ACT Community Campaign of the Year: Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (MCCI)
- CBA Business Campaign of the Year: Havas Melbourne & SBS