Rideshare company Uber and dating app Hinge are joining forces to connect single dog owners find love.
Hinge users are being invited to update their profile with the new Photo Prompt ‘Are you a dog person because’.
Under the partnership, 10,000 Aussie Hinge users will be able to receive 50 per cent off two Uber Pet trips, as a way to safely transport dogs to their dates, if they like this new photo prompt.
As well as providing Aussie dog owners with the chance to find love, the partnership also comes with new statistics into how dogs can impact romance.
- Nearly half (43 per cent) of Aussie Hinge users are more drawn to those who own pets, particularly dog owners (69 per cent).
- Half (50 per cent) of Aussie Hinge pet-owners feel their pet’s initial reaction to meeting a potential partner is a good way to determine if they are a good match.
- A majority (61 per cent) of Aussie Hinge users think someone’s choice in pets says a lot about their personality.
- Over half (55 per cent) of users feel pets bring more fun and play into a relationship.
- The majority (64 per cent) of Aussie Hinge pet-owners said their potential partner disliking or not getting along with their pet is a dealbreaker.
Dr. Kate Adams, Owner & Head Veterinarian of Bondi Vet and Hinge Puppy Chemistry Expert spoke about the new initiative: “We know how vital it is to share similar values in a relationship, and pets are not an exception. Nobody ever wants to be in a position to choose between a partner and a pet so exploring how a date interacts and feels about your furry housemate early on is valuable.
“Most pets just want a little love, attention and acceptance, so uncovering this on your date is important. For those that might not own a car, it can be hard to bring a furry friend on a date for a vibe check. Uber Pet can safely and conveniently transport your fur friend to join you on your next Hinge date, so you can see whether they are going to vibe with your pet or if you need to move on to someone more compatible with your values and lifestyle.”
GHO Sydney has developed a new educational platform for Family Planning NSW to help parents and carers of children with disabilities navigate the changes to their bodies, emotions and social interactions. The project, ‘Planet Puberty’, was made possible through funding from the federal government’s Department of Social Services, and was co-designed with people with disability […]