Every month, Australians can nominate an individual, group or business doing awesome things in their community, things that better the world in some way. On the last Friday of every month, Vinomofo will ‘drop’ Vinobombs to a handful of worthy candidates, with the help of Uber.
The Vinobomb is a party in a box containing half a dozen of Vinomofo’s finest wines – perfect for Friday work drinks or weekend celebrations. Vinomofo will also work with select partners each month to include some extra goodies in the box like vouchers, free subscriptions and other treats.
Justin Dry, co-founder and co-CEO of Vinomofo said: “We created the Vinobomb to celebrate awesome Mofos everywhere – whether they are crusaders doing big things to change the world, or simply good people helping those around them. So far we’ve been overwhelmed by the number of nominations. They’re inspiring and uplifting to read. It’s tough choosing final nominees as we think everyone is quite deserving, but we do our research by tallying up their nominations, check out their website or online profile and also rely on ‘gut feeling’. Sometimes it just feels right.”
The first set of people identified by Vinomofo as amazing people and deserving recipients included:
- Kae Norman, founder of Rescued with Love
- Jane Hunt, CEO of Fitted for Work
- Simon Griffiths, Jehan Ratnatunga and Danny Alexander, founders of Who Gives a Crap
- Chantelle Baxter and David Dixon, founders of One Girl
- Andrea Ondie, General Manager of The Social Studio
- Kinfolk Cafe
- Jenny Howell-Clark, founder of The Orange Pigeon
- Jake Ward, a man who ran 1000km from Sydney to Cranbourne to raise awareness and $40,000 for breast cancer
- Adam Corcoran, a human rights activist who rode a mountain bike from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam to raise money for the Somaly Mam Foundation, a charity that campaigned against human trafficking and sex slavery
- Jonathan Vandenberg, a tireless volunteer for Clean Up Australia and community kitchen Matt’s Café
- Kerrie Maddern, awarded Sustainability Teacher of the Year
- Lucy and Rosie Thomas, founders of Project Rockit
- Debra Tranter, President of Oscar’s Law
- Kate Austin, founder of Pinchapoo
- Melanie Kent, Chairperson and CEO of Helping Hands Mission
- The staff at Rathdowne Place Aged Care
“How completely amazing! You have blown my socks off! Thank you doesn’t seem enough,” said Jenny Howell-Clark, founder of The Orange Pigeon.
Kinfolk Cafe posted:“We just got VINOBOMBED!! Coolest gift ever delivered here – thanks @mofogram and that was so generous and a very innovative approach to gifting.”
People can nominate someone to receive a Vinobomb by contacting Vinomofo on social media, using the hashtag: #Vinobomb. The nomination should include the name of the person and why they deserve a random act of kindness.