Kirk Pengilly Fronts New Look JulEYE Campaign Asking Aussies To Donate

Kirk Pengilly Fronts New Look JulEYE Campaign Asking Aussies To Donate

For the first time in its nine year history, The Eye Surgeons’ Foundation is asking Australians to donate $1 for every year of good sight they have experienced as part of its annual community awareness campaign JulEYE. Outlining this new messaging, a new national community service advertisement (CSA) featuring JulEYE Ambassador Kirk Pengilly is gathering significant support from Australian media outlets.

The Eye Surgeons’ Foundation, a national not-for-profit organisation, changed its name from The RANZCO Eye Foundation earlier this year to provide a clearer vision of the vital work it does through Australasia. The new CSA aims to bring that vision to life.

Jacinta Spurrett, CEO of The Eye Surgeons’ Foundation explained, “Our foundation is recognised for our vital work in medical eye research and sustainable development programs across Australia and our region. This year we wanted our call for donations messaging to be more prominent in our annual JulEYE campaign.

“With 75 per cent of Australians suffering from unnecessary vision impairment and the other 25 per cent needing a cure, it is only through the continued support of world-class research and investment in the future of eye health diagnoses, treatments and cures that we can continue to make a real difference.

“The direct appeal by Kirk Pengilly for the CSA was a concept developed by morey media and produced by Brightworks. It will be seen via the Seven Network, WIN, Prime 7 and a variety of Foxtel channels across both their metropolitan and regional markets.

JULEYE Appproved Poster[2][1][1]

“In addition, Shopper Media Group will feature ads in their new SmartLite digital advertising panels in over 101 shopping centres across the country. We cannot thank the individual media outlets enough for their philanthropic support of JulEYE 2016.”

The CSA shows INXS band member and Ambassador for JulEYE Kirk Pengilly telling his personal story in what is an earnest appeal.

“When I was 27 I almost lost my sight to glaucoma. Had it not been for pioneering eye research and surgery my life would have been very different,” Pengilly said.

“We need to continue to fund vital research to find new treatments and cures to prevent eye disease.”

JulEYE is about Australians thinking about and looking after their sight. Spurrett added, “The Australian community has the power to save our sight and the sight of others – now and into the future.

“Donations to fund vital research will deliver profound and lasting outcomes in eye health. We implore all Australians to donate and to help us create a future where no-one is blind.”

To donate $1 for every year you’ve enjoyed good sight to help end preventable blindness, visit

Please login with linkedin to comment

juleye kirk pengilly the eye surgeons foundation

Latest News