Applications have opened for the latest Copy School, sponsored by NewsMediaWorks, featuring some of the country’s best creative talent as guest tutors.
Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all media channels and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative writers and creative directors, as well as news media editors, to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Copy School, to be held in Sydney from Monday 10th to Friday 15th October, is seeking 20 young copywriters, or those wanting to become a copywriter, to attend the workshop series.
Some of the industry’s most respected creatives and a senior newspaper editor will donate their time to be guest tutors at the Sydney Copy School including:
- The Glue Society Co-founder, Writer/Director – Jonathan Kneebone
- Sharms Consultancy – Mark Sharman
- The Monkeys creative – Dennis Koutoulogenis
- Cummins and Partners Executive Creative Director and Partner – Julian Schreiber
- Creative consultant – Wayne “Moose” Moore
- The Spectator Australia Editor and Australian Financial Review and Courier Mail columnist – Rowan Dean
- Creative consultant – Philip Putnam
- Big Red Founder and Chairman – Ted Horton
- The Sydney Morning Herald Digital Editor – Stephen Hutcheon
Hosted by creative veteran Ray Black, Copy School will provide participants with a real world brief that must be presented on the final morning of the course. The workshop fee is just $250 per student. Copy School will donate fees to The Salvation Army’s Oasis Youth Support Network and the fee is fully tax deductible.