The Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA) and Telstra have announced the finalists of the 2014 ADMA Young Creative and Young Marketer of the Year competitions.
The announcement took place at an NSW ADMA 30Below event at Sydney’s CBD Hotel. The competitions are sponsored by Telstra.
Young Marketer of the Year is judged based on career achievements to date and Young Creative of the Year entrants are called upon to develop an integrated campaign concept for 2015 that showcases their creative abilities. Young Marketer is judged by branch committees and ADMA board members while Young Creative is judged by eight of the country’s top agency creatives in Sydney and Melbourne.
The ADMA Young Creative of the Year finalists are:
- Tara Mckenty, Creative Director, Google APAC, for ‘Make your own luck’
- Sal Cavallaro, Art Director, 303Lowe Sydney, for ‘An Eye into NY’
- Brendan Graham, Copywriter and Strategist, Soap Creative, for ‘Under 30 invite’
- Scott Nolan, Senior Art Director, Drifter, for ‘Flirt with your future’
- Elliott White, Junior Copywriter, JWT, for ‘Launch brand you.’
The ADMA Young Marketer of the Year finalists are:
- Sue Kim, Product Marketing Specialist, Adobe
- Richard Schmid, Advertising Manager, Dick Smith
- Lucas Black-Dendle, Strategic Planner, Whybin\TBWA Group Sydney
- Allister Hercus, Social Media Strategist, MEC
- Penny Richardson, Head of Customer Marketing, Foxtel.
“Australia has incredible young marketing, advertising and creative talent, and ADMA believes strongly in supporting their efforts on the national stage. These competitions honour young individuals who have already made significant contributions to their fields and have demonstrated leadership ability or exceptional creativity at a young age,” said ADMA CEO, Jodie Sangster.
“Telstra is delighted to continue sponsoring the ADMA Young Marketer and Young Creative competitions,” added Nicholas Adams, director of CRM, loyalty and digital marketing, Telstra. “We are proud to be in partnership with ADMA to support and nurture the marketing, advertising and creative stars of tomorrow.”
For their prize, ADMA will fly the winner of each competition to New York City in 2015 to meet with senior staff at leading brands like Google and to visit top agencies including R/GA, OgilvyOne Worldwide and Anomaly.