Bring your Engagement and Account Management skills to make a genuine impact in one of the world's most respected conservation organisations.
- Join one of the world’s largest and most respected conservation organisations
- Workplace flexibility including monthly RDO
- WWF-Australia Office location negot.
- 12 month Fixed Term contract
About the organisation
WWF’s global vision is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Australia is part of the WWF International Network, the world’s leading, independent conservation organisation. We are active in over 100 countries and have close to 5 million supporters internationally. In Australia and throughout the oceanic region, we work with governments, businesses and communities so that people and nature can thrive within their fair share of the planet’s natural resources.
WWF’s mission is to halt the decline of threatened plants and animals and to support their recovery. We do this by addressing the threats that affect them using the best available science while working in partnership with communities, Indigenous groups, government and business. The world is changing fast. Our wildlife and wild places face unprecedented challenges. The result is people yearn more for nature and are connected with each other like never before. We know that we can achieve more by partnering, sharing, empowering communities, forming alliances and building a movement for the environment. Working together is the answer. It is our goal to bring about this unified voice for nature.
Learn more about our 60 year history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OluzruE9zE
About the role
The Marketing & Engagement (M&E) team is responsible for increasing awareness of and engagement with WWF-Australia’s strategic goals to its target audiences, growing its supporter base and motivating them to assist WWF-Australia achieve its conservation and fundraising objectives.
The role assists in the development and delivery of communication strategies and engagement opportunities to inspire action and enable conservation impact – with a focus on wildlife.
- Supports the Engagement Manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating engagement campaigns and strategies to deliver conservation impact, achieve marketing and communication goals, build the scale and influence of WWF’s supporter community, strengthen the WWF brand, and contribute to WWF fundraising goals.
- Assists the Engagement Manager to implement marketing, communications and engagement projects. Eg. ambassador and influencer programs, and impact campaigns.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of campaign plans, timelines, WIPs, and project collaboration tools such as Trello.
- Assists in preparing briefs for the M&E team (content, design, media, digital marketing) and/or external agencies.
- Assists the Content Team with the planning and delivery of communication materials.
- Builds and maintains stakeholder relationships, including the conservation and revenue teams, partners, agencies, contractors, and networks to optimise community outreach opportunities.
- Develops presentations and reports to assist in communicating engagement initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Tracks, measures and undertakes the analysis of data to ascertain the effectiveness of campaigns and communications activities and reports on results.
- Monitors and reviews the engagement landscape, including competitor activities, and provides insights to the WWF team.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the implementation and evaluation of communication campaigns including the ability to identifying campaign and storytelling opportunities that align with business goals and strategic priorities.
- At least 12 months’ experience in marketing, communications, science communication and/or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical thinking.
- Highly developed IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
The ideal candidate will have an ability to work both autonomously and constructively within a team and be aligned with WWF’s vision, mission and I-CCaRe Values – Integrity, Courage, Collaboration and Respect.
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTQIA+) community members, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WWF-Australia staff work in teams and in regional and remote communities. To protect the health and safety of WWF-Australia team members and people in regional and remote communities, WWF-Australia requires all persons who apply for employment at WWF-Australia after 25 October 2021 to provide evidence that they have received the first and second courses of an Australian government-recognised COVID-19 vaccination before a job offer can be made.
Please see the job description for further details. Applicants can apply via https://www.wwf.org.au/about-us/jobs-at-wwf Only those applicants applying online via the eRecruitment System will be considered. Please name your documents with last/first name & include: (1) a cover letter/statements against the selection criteria & (2) your resume (CV), including two referees.
Closing Date: 9AM 20/06/2022
- Job Type
For further information
- Breanne Doyle
- 02 8228 6886