Exciting and newly created role, supporting our Creative team, reporting to the Head of Creative.
Owned and run by the Hemmes family for over 60 years, Merivale began as a fashion house that catapulted Sydney into the swinging-sixties for all things music and fashion. Our aim is to bring a little magic into the everyday. We are constantly pushing the boundaries in over 80 venues to encapsulate a unique dining experience. Each space is carefully executed with the same attention to detail across a seemingly endless supply of inspired concepts, restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, night-life and retail.
Reporting to the head of creative, you will need to have at least 5 years experience in a creative traffic role, including managing creative resourcing and workflow of all projects. A knowledge of trafficking workflow software platforms is an advantage, as is agency experience.
We need an innovative thinker open to changing our existing methods and implementing new types of workflow where suitable…or adapting to our current ways of working, but adding your own process to improve workflow. With a calm, detail obsessed, can-do attitude and a positive approach to all manner of briefs, you’ll be part of a lovely team of hard working creatives, and marketing and digital professionals.
You will have a birds-eye view of all briefs coming through the department so your objective is to intimately understand briefs so you can focus on prioritising, help creatives with time management, and manage workflow and timelines with the projects team.
Your day might look like:
- Daily WIP with digital & marketing
- Daily check in with project managers to talk though deadlines & deliverables, new assets, any new briefs, obtain any further information needed for briefs, any flags or escalations. Provide updates / traffic light on creative.
- General organization of priorities
- Keeping Trello up to date & fleshed out with deliverables where appropriate
- Meet with head of creative to discuss the day & the week, raise any issues or questions, discuss daily sign offs needed for creative to get out the door
- Check in on creatives individually to go through priorities, any flags or roadblocks
- Weekly WIP with whole creative team
- Catching up with digital team to discuss any new ad hoc assets they may need help with e.g. not on the assets roll out.
- Reading over and intimately knowing the roll-out list for campaigns, helping prioritise for the day
- Bolstering briefs where needed and gathering or collating information
- Forecasting and future planning projects – you will have a birds eye view of all projects and will see where bottlenecks could happen
- Checking creative artwork as a final set of eyes
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- 5+ years working within a similar role, experience within hospitality or lifestyle would be a bonus
- strong organisational skills and the abiltity to juggle multiple projects at the one time
- excellent priotirising and project management skills so you can priorities projects to allow the Creatives can focus on output
- be a relationship builder and have great stakeholder management skills
- the ability to be the “go to” for work updates and project information
- confidence with work flow and resourcing issue resolution, and not be afraid to push back or chase up relevant people to get what you need
- a passion for all things Merivale!!
It has never been a more exciting time to join Merivale. With venues coming back to life, multiple new venue openings in the near horizon, opportunity for growth is boundless.
This role will provide the platform to make your mark, in ways that impact the experience of our guests on a daily basis. You will be working with many of the industry’s best, that no doubt make your job to sell and create amazing and memorable events easier!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today by submitting your CV for review and we will be in touch.
Merivale is looking forward to a strong and bright future, this includes being a registered ‘COVIDsafe’ organisation. Keeping the health & safety of our guests and employees is at the forefront of how we operate, and under the directive of the Government, we will continue to maintain a ‘COVIDSAFE’ environment for all.
(Only applicants’ that have the right to work in Australia will be contacted.)
- Job Type
For further information
- Clare Odell