Women in Media is coming up on August 19 this year for its fourth cracking year (and entries aren’t open for that much longer), held at the Royal Randwick Racecourse.
This year, for the first time ever, we’re hosting a daytime forum ahead of the awards in the evening, complete with a keynote from Nine Entertainment’s Lizzie Young, speed mentoring sessions with powerhouse women and a ‘hackathon’ to help solve the issues facing women in the industry.
Your MCs for the day will also be the Thinkergirls from the KIIS Network, who say all the things the rest of us are thinking.
Sounds cool, right? Wait until you see who your mentors are:
- Twitter Australia MD Karen Stocks
- OMD Melbourne MD Margie Reid
- M&C Saatchi GM Mim Haysom
- Initiative Australia CEO Lee Leggett
- Hearst Australia/Bauer Media GM + chair of Wests Tigers Marina Go
- One Green Bean MD Claire Salvetti
- Leo Burnett Melbourne CEO Melinda Geertz
- Nova Entertainment CEO Cathy O’Connor
- News Corp Australia CTO, Group Director Alisa Bowen
So what the heck is a Hackathon?
Three topics of discussion will be chosen from attendee feedback to form the basis of the hackathon.
• How can we improve flexible working conditions across the industry?
• How can we achieve gender parity on boards?
• What can we do to eliminate the gender pay gap in the industry?
And How does it work?
The attendees will be broken into three main groups, each focusing on one of these topics.
Within each group, attendees will be further broken down into small groups of 8-10. Each small group will sit around a table and discuss open-ended questions within their topic for a structured amount of time (20-25 minutes). A “table host” will anchor each table. They will scribe comments/ideas made by participants on poster boards/paper and ensure all voices are heard.
Attendees then switch to visit a table of a different topic, where the “table host” at the new table briefly welcomes people and fills them in on highlights of the previous discussion.
Participants have multiple rounds of conversation in response to defined questions, taking the ideas from one group and adding to them, developing insights through multiple conversations with a diverse number of people, and expanding the collective knowledge of the group.
After three rotations, each attendee will have had a chance to visit one table within each topic group. The “table host” from each group will then present back to the whole room on key points discussed on their topic and actionable steps to take back into the real world.
Who are your table captains?
- Culture Zone principal Nancy Hromin
- OMD Sydney MD Aimee Buchanan
- Babyology founder & managing editor Mandi Gunsberger
- MediaCom chief strategy officer Helen Black
- All About Eve founder & principal Linda McGregor
- Culture Zone principal Kate Chaffer
- eHarmony marketing director Nicole McInnes
You can get tickets and more info on the forum, sponsored by OMD, here.
Comscore has today announced the expansion of its TV measurement footprint to Australia, driven by its partnership with Samba TV, the leading global provider of omniscreen advertising data and audience analytics. The new connected TV (CTV) measurement solution, launched last year in select European markets, has now reached this key market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) […]