The past two days has seen an influx of votes for the Women in Media People’s Choice Award, with Philippa Spork, author and mentor or Rules of Social Engagement racing ahead to be the new leader of the pack.
Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher of Starts at 60 remains second place, with Hannah O’Donnell, managing director of Straight Up PR coming third.
However, who knows what will happen this weekend! When we conducted a similar poll for B&T’s 30 Under 30 Awards, we had Tanya Moore, latecomer to the party, leap ahead to win the award.
Just goes to show, anything can happen!
There’s only this weekend to vote in the Women in Media People’s Choice as voting closes COB on Monday, August 3. Vote right here, right now!
Create your own user feedback survey
Tickets are also selling fast, so if you don’t want to miss out on one of the most amazing nights of the year, grab some here.
This year’s Women in Media Awards will be held at Doltone House in Sydney, on August 13.
As of 9am this morning, the top 20 in the People’s Choice are as follows:
- Philippa Spork, author and mentor, Rules of Social Engagement
- Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher, Starts at 60
- Hannah O’Donnell, managing director, Straight Up PR
- Sophie Price, chief strategy officer, UM
- Rebecca Tos, managing director, Columbus
- Jennifer Bunting, product marketing APAC, LinkedIn
- Susie Michaels, account director, Australian Radio Network
- Lesley Edwards, managing partner, Ikon Communications
- Lara Brownlow, head of agencies Australia, LinkedIn
- Aleisha Haslemore, founder and managing director, Ultimate Edge
- Carolyn Bollaci, vice president of global accounts, and head of ANZ, Sizmek
- Sarah Wyse, managing director, Videology
- Esther Carlsen, general manager, Xaxis Australia
- Margie Reid, managing director, OMD Melbourne
- Silvana Tagana, director of local sales, Southern Cross Austereo
- Natasha Carroll, account director, Red Agency
- Steph Harmon, founding and managing editor, Junkee Media
- Bec Brown, managing director, Bec Brown Communications
- Sarah Stringer, group innovation director, Carat
- Lindy Olsen, general manager and editor-in-chief, Fit Media
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. While his mother fortunately survived, he lost his […]
In partnership with storytelling agency Enthral, AFL star Kevin Sheedy has voiced a video ‘Love Letter to Victoria’ using visuals to showcase the state’s natural beauty and culture. Victoria has been hit with the worst of the coronavirus pandemic compared with any other Aussie state experiencing four lockdowns. Sheedy has partnered with Ethral to share […]
Telstra’s lower-cost telco, Belong, has awarded its strategy and creative account to Howatson + White, and has reappointed OMD to its media buying account, after a competitive pitch process. Howatson + White will handle strategy, planning, creative and CRM, while former agency Clemenger will continue to have a relationship with Belong, managing PR and retail activation. […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]
Nova 919’s Ben & Liam breakfast show announced that they’ll be throwing their support behind and raising awareness for a cause very close to their hearts, mental health. On Monday 21 June Ben Harvey and Liam Stapleton will be locked in a purpose-built glass structure, in the middle of Rundle Mall, for an entire week […]
TRENDii has announced TRENDii Ads, a new contextual advertising solution that leverages content and context to promote eCommerce products at scale around the world. TRENDii Ads is user privacy friendly and offers a new way for businesses and brands to target consumers at the moment that they are most inspired to shop. “We believe good […]
ARN and The New York Times have reached an agreement for ARN to become the advertising sales representative for The New York Times’s podcast portfolio in Australia. The deal will enable Australian brands to connect with Australian listeners to The New York Times’s most popular podcasts, such as The Daily, Serial and This American Life, […]
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]