With the Women in Media Awards only four weeks away those voting for the People’s Choice Award have upped the ante, with the total number of votes closing in to nearly 10,000.
Leading the pack is still Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher of Starts at 60, with mentor and author Philippa Spork close behind, and the Australian Radio Network’s Susie Michaels coming third.
Below is the top 20 so far, as of 9am this morning. Voting is still open for another two weeks so best get all your friends, family, colleagues, distant rellies, to start voting for you!
And in case you missed it, check out which incredible women made the shortlist for the Awards right here.
You can also still grab some tickets at the early bird price by clicking here.
The top 20 for People’s Choice so far:
- Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher, Starts at 60
- Philippa Spork, author and mentor, Rules of Social Engagement
- Susie Michaels, account director, Australian Radio Network
- Lesley Edwards, managing partner, Ikon Communications
- Hannah O’Donnell (nee Furness), managing director, Straight Up PR
- Lara Brownlow, head of agencies Australia, LinkedIn
- Jennifer Bunting, product marketing, LinkedIn
- Sophie Price, chief strategy officer, UM
- Aleisha Haslemore, founder and managing director, Ultimate Edge
- Sarah Wyse, managing director, Videology
- Carolyn Bollaci, vice president global accounts and head of ANZ, Sizmek
- Rebecca Tos, managing director, Columbus
- Margie Reid, managing director, OMD Melbourne
- Natasha Carroll, account director, Red Agency
- Silvana Tagand, director of local sales, Southern Cross Austereo
- Esther Carlsen, general manager, Xaxis Australia
- Steph Harmon, founding and managing editor, Junkee Media
- Sarah Stringer, group innovation director, Bec Brown Communications
- Lindy Olsen, general manager and editor-in-chief, Fit Media
- Jackie Crossman, CEO, Crossman Communications
Swinburne University of Technology has launched a series of Bootcamp Graduate Certificate courses, developed in partnership with FourthRev. The courses, an Australian-first, will upskill career changers and provide students the capabilities required to thrive in the digital economy. They are available on-campus and through its online arm, Swinburne Online. Alongside completing projects which will emulate […]
PayPal has partnered with Welcome to Country, Australia’s first Indigenous-led not-for-profit marketplace, which showcases businesses that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Welcome to Country launched in 2019, providing an online platform for Indigenous experience providers across tours, day treks, scenic flights, bush food, festivals, art and cultural experiences. When the pandemic hit, the […]
Former liberal politician and female icon Julie Bishop has further cemented her celebrity status by scoring her very own Barbie doll. According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Barbie creators Mattel, created the Barbie doll in Bishop’s likeness to honour her achievements. Unfortunately, the Julie Bishop Barbie won’t be for sale. Instead, the one-off doll was […]
Full-service digital marketing agency Whitehat Agency has launched its new website and branding, with the end-to-end project delivered by its own team of experienced in-house website designers, developers and UX specialists. After a challenging 2020, Whitehat Agency has experienced a very positive 2021 to date, onboarding nine new clients including The Dog Mum, Handpicked Wines, Compost […]
Award-winning house and land provider, Thrive Homes has launched a new brand campaign to encourage homebuyers worried about the complicated process of building a new home to say 'no' to stress and 'yes' to an efficient, more affordable new home without compromising quality by making 'The Clever Choice' and choosing Thrive.
Fast-growing fintech startup DiviPay has announced the appointment of one of Australia’s most influential and reputable public figures in the accounting world, Trent McLaren, as its head of accounting. The move will enable Divipay to expand its reach into the accounting industry, with the aim of growing its business customer base. DiviPay, Australia’s first virtual […]
Independent agency Adhesive has been appointed the public relations agency of record in Australia for the Domain Group, a leading property technology and services marketplace. The appointment will see Adhesive support PR & communications and campaign media activity for Domain, across consumer, corporate and B2B market remits. Adhesive will work closely with Domain’s in-house communications, […]
Sean Szeps is a gay father and a proud member of the LGBTQIA+ community who believes he does not know enough about those within his community that have different gender and sexual identities to his own. Feeling compelled to explore the unique experiences of every member of the community, Szeps’ new podcast, Come Out Wherever […]