TVSquared, the global leader in converged TV ad measurement and attribution, today released “The State of Converged TV: A Look at Global Trends & Adoption,” in conjunction with third-party research firms, Dynata and Advertiser Perceptions.
As the first global view on converged TV, the report represents survey insights from nearly 1,000 buyers across Australia, the UK, Germany and the U.S.
Report findings support an increasingly global sentiment to break free from rigid legacy approaches that no longer meet the needs of modern marketers, and toward currencies and practices that support a cross-platform TV ecosystem. In Australia, 91 per cent of respondents agree that “TV” is now defined as linear and streaming platforms, and 88 per cent indicate that TV should be sold on impressions.
To fully realize the power of converged TV, key Australia survey highlights support the need to move past legacy models and toward a more transparent, flexible converged TV marketplace:
● 56 per cent of respondents cited “transparency of metrics” as a “very important” factor for investing in converged TV, followed by “ability to optimize for performance across TV buys” (47 per cent) and “ability to measure incremental reach beyond linear” (46 per cent).
● While 85 per cent indicated that achieving cross-platform TV measurement and attribution is a top priority for adopting converged TV strategies; 49 per cent stated its accuracy was also a top challenge.
● 94 per cent of respondents agree that TV needs to be more flexible and easier to transact across linear and streaming.
As CTV adoption steadily increases, TV investments and planning will become more diverse. TVSquared’s survey uncovered how emerging converged TV strategies are looking in Australia today:
● 40 per cent of Australian respondents currently allocate between 16-25 per cent of their total TV budget to CTV.
● 40 per cent also currently advertise across three-to-five platforms, with 26 per cent indicating they will advertise on six or more in 2022.
● The top three data sources being used by Australian marketers to inform converged TV campaigns are online data for attribution (58 per cent), first-party customer data (39 per cent) and offline data for attribution (35 per cent).
● The top three KPIs for converged TV were optimising reach (45 per cent), brand awareness/maximum exposure (44 per cent) and incremental audience reach (42 per cent).
“With viewers dispersed across platforms and screens, TV has been redefined to encompass both linear and streaming,” said Calum Smeaton, CEO, TVSquared.
“There is a shared passion, across the industry, to support converged TV strategies with measurement innovation and more flexible, transparent practices that empower advertisers to reach their total TV audience.”
The report also analyzed billions of ad impressions across 20 converged TV campaigns active on TVSquared’s ADvantage platform to uncover insights on incremental reach and how to best approach converged TV strategies.
The benefits and transformative powers of feeling have long been the subject of research reports and medical studies. The experience of travel is not only beneficial to our wellbeing, but even the act of travel planning makes us happier. These truths are at the heart of the new tourism campaign launched today by the NSW […]
Branding design agency Principals has appointed Rachel Terkelsen to head up creative for its Melbourne office. Terkelsen joins Principals after spending nine years at PUSH Collective. She has been with PUSH since its inception following lengthy stints at both FutureBrand and Interbrand as well as five years running her own practice, Terkelsen Design. An award-winning […]
Over the years, VEGEMITE has been largely misunderstood across the globe, with Aussies often having to defend the spread and detail exactly “how to” best enjoy the stuff. But as it turns out, Australians have been getting it wrong this whole time! VEGEMITE and Thinkerbell ventured to food mecca New York to recruit Brooklyn Master […]
Subway has this week, officially launched its digital game Sink A Sub, with the first $10,000 prize already being awarded to a lucky recipient in Queensland. Subway’s Sink A Sub game is a user-friendly experience based on the infamous naval war board game Battleship. It was successfully launched for the first time in 2020 as […]
National Indigenous Television (NITV) has announced the appointment of Peter Noble as general manager, to support the continued growth and evolution of the channel dedicated to First Nations voices and perspectives. Noble (pictured) a proud Girramay and Bandjin man, joins NITV with more than 20 years’ experience in the media industry, working across content disciplines […]
Reality TV star, influencer and unabashed over-sharer Abbie Chatfield has signed with SCA to bring her hugely popular and fiercely candid podcast, It’s A Lot to Australia’s biggest audio content creator – LiSTNR. Chatfield’s never been afraid to call out bad behaviour or tell it like it is. And that’s just what people love about […]
CM Group, a portfolio of martech companies focused on multichannel digital marketing, today announced its merger with Cheetah Digital under the CM Group name. The merger expands and enhances both CM Group’s and Cheetah Digital’s ability to deliver innovative email, omnichannel, personalization, and loyalty solutions. The combined company will own a broad array of technologies […]
Independent ad tech platform Smart has announced a new partnership with connected TV (CTV) ad platform Publica to accelerate its growth ambitions. The integration is a major step in Smart’s commitment to building a scaled, vertically-integrated TV advertising platform for media buyers and sellers following its recent acquisition of global premium CTV demand-side platform (DSP) […]
Independent creative agency Edge has launched Nevro’s first local campaign, “I am not my pain”. Nevro is a medical technology company offering innovative solutions to chronic pain. Their HFX therapy has been available in Australia since 2011 and is a form of spinal cord stimulation (SCS), where an electrical device is implanted surgically near the […]