It’s a terrifying world out there, especially in Adland, and at B&T we love any excuse to watch people have the beejeemers scared out of them.
Check out how the industry marks the scariest day of the year.
1. For the parents out there, you’d know Halloween can do some pretty messed up things to your kids, as seen in this ad by Publicis Kaplan Thaler for Crest and Oral-B.
2. The best part about this Ford ad from Team Detroit is the little disclosure that says, ‘Closed Car Wash. Do not attempt’.
3. Tesco takes things to another level with this BBH London’s “Spookermarket” campaign, which has 90-seconds of hidden-camera goodness. Watch these unsuspecting shoppers keel over in fright!
4. Superior created this gem in a so-ridiculous-its-funny kind of way. Especially if you like your creepy Halloween with a side of sexy.
5. If it’s a choice between Zumba Zombie and life as the undead, we choose the latter.
6. Because you never know when some crazy man in a mask with a chainsaw is going to chase you, at least if you’re wearing Nike shoes you’ve got a shot at outrunning him.
7. This ad did all the home renovators out there a favour by reminding us that all we have to do to repel ghosts is paint our house with Dulux.
8. Snickers again making a comeback with this print ad by TBWA\Chia\Day, so good it won a Gold Lion at Cannes in 2007.
9. Taking heed from all the horror movies is this ad from BBDO Germany, making it very appealing to buy a car with no backseats (it was 2007 after all).
10. And rounding out the top 10 is The Ring inspired ad from Saatchi & Saatchi, Stockholm, with an unexpected twist.
Happy Halloween from B&T!
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. While his mother fortunately survived, he lost his […]
In partnership with storytelling agency Enthral, AFL star Kevin Sheedy has voiced a video ‘Love Letter to Victoria’ using visuals to showcase the state’s natural beauty and culture. Victoria has been hit with the worst of the coronavirus pandemic compared with any other Aussie state experiencing four lockdowns. Sheedy has partnered with Ethral to share […]
Telstra’s lower-cost telco, Belong, has awarded its strategy and creative account to Howatson + White, and has reappointed OMD to its media buying account, after a competitive pitch process. Howatson + White will handle strategy, planning, creative and CRM, while former agency Clemenger will continue to have a relationship with Belong, managing PR and retail activation. […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]
Nova 919’s Ben & Liam breakfast show announced that they’ll be throwing their support behind and raising awareness for a cause very close to their hearts, mental health. On Monday 21 June Ben Harvey and Liam Stapleton will be locked in a purpose-built glass structure, in the middle of Rundle Mall, for an entire week […]
TRENDii has announced TRENDii Ads, a new contextual advertising solution that leverages content and context to promote eCommerce products at scale around the world. TRENDii Ads is user privacy friendly and offers a new way for businesses and brands to target consumers at the moment that they are most inspired to shop. “We believe good […]
ARN and The New York Times have reached an agreement for ARN to become the advertising sales representative for The New York Times’s podcast portfolio in Australia. The deal will enable Australian brands to connect with Australian listeners to The New York Times’s most popular podcasts, such as The Daily, Serial and This American Life, […]
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]