Seven has announced that it will make history by live-streaming Saturday’s Toyota AFL Grand Final on select Connected TVs for the first time.
Seven will live stream all its Grand Final coverage to Telstra TV, Apple TV, Fetch TV, PlayStation 4 and compatible Android TV devices, which together account for over 70 per cent of Seven’s Connected TV live streaming.
Seven West Media chief digital officer Clive Dickens said: “Today’s announcement marks another ground-breaking landmark in the rapid evolution of Australian live and free-to-air television online.
“Watching Seven on Connected TVs has exploded since we launched 7plus, making us the number one Commercial FTA Live Streaming BVOD operator in the market, and it is only right that we give our audiences what they want – the biggest and best sporting final of the year on more of the screens of Seven.”
Seven West Media chief revenue officer Kurt Burnette said: “We’re delighted to once again deliver live Addressable TV at real scale in a brand safe environment.
“As Professor Karen Nelson-Field’s research shows, BVOD, whether delivered on a Connected TV, computer or mobile device, delivers a significantly stronger sales impact for brands than the biggest online-only video platforms on their best performing screen, mobile.”
Connected TV key facts:
- 46 per cent of all Australian households now own a Connected TV
- BVOD live streaming numbers on Connected TV grew 122 per cent YoY
- 6.7 million Australians watched free-to-air TV online in July 2018
- Almost 60 per cent of Seven’s streaming minutes were on connected TVs in August 2018
- Seven has the highest share and total streamed minutes of live streaming on Connected TV in the Commercial FTA BVOD market