Tame Impala’s global hit ‘The Less I Know The Better’ has been voted as the #1 song of the decade via triple j’s hottest 100 of the decade.
Already well revered by 2015, Tame Impala took things to the next level when they dropped their third studio album Currents, featuring a glorious song about heartbreak called ‘The Less I Know The Better’.
triple j’s Music Director, Nick Findlay, said: “It’s hard to deny that one of the main players who shaped the sound of the decade is our own Kevin Parker. Midway through the decade, Kevin and his band Tame Impala unleashed their stunning third album Currents and ‘The Less I Know The Better’ instantly stood out as one of the record’s highlights.
“Its slinky, synth heavy, bass-driven psychedelic sound immediately hooks you in, and its tale of lost love (and general distain for Trevor) was universally relatable for anyone who has ever gone through heartbreak.
“Congratulations to Kevin Parker – ‘The Less I Know The Better’ is an incredibly deserved #1 for the Hottest 100 of the 2010s, and we’re sure to see him continue to shape the sound of the decade to come.”
Here some Hottest 100 stats to cap off a veryinteresting countdown and an equally fascinating decade…
- Tame Impala have had 11 songs in the Hottest 100 previously, including 4 in the top 10, but this is the first time they’ve ever hit #1
- All the Hottest 100 #1 songs from the past decade made it in, albeit in very different positions!
- Flume had the most appearances in the countdown, landing four original songs, two remixes and a collab with Chet Faker
- Kanye West had the second most appearances in the countdown with five songs
- There were the 9 songs that had never appeared in the Hottest 100 before by the following artists: Adele, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Robyn, Sticky Fingers, Azealia Banks, Avicii and RÜFÜS DU SOL
- Compared to its original ranking, the biggest jump for a song was Jay-Z & Kanye West’s ‘N*ggas In Paris’ which jumped up 74 spots (#24 from #98 in the 2011 countdown)
- Compared to its original ranking, the biggest drop for a song was FISHER’s ‘Losing It’ which dipped 93 spots (#95 from #2 in the 2018 countdown)
- Kanye West’s ‘Runaway’ maintained its OG placing (#14 in the Hottest 100 of the Decade and the 2010 countdown)
- 2012 was the ‘Hottest Year’ with 20 songs released making the countdown, followed by 2010 with 10 songs
Culture-leading publisher Highsnobiety continues to evolve its local operations with the appointment of Citizens of Culture as its strategic partner across media operations within Australia. Highsnobiety is a premium global brand dedicated to cultural pioneers, with work spanning across digital platforms, print media, documentaries, cutting edge events, a shopping platform and a full service creative […]
An investigation by British broadcaster ITV has found that Amazon is destroying millions of items in unsold or returned stock. The report specifically focuses on one of the 24 warehouses the company has in the UK. According to ITV News, the destroyed items are largely unused and new, either returned items or those which never […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]
Australian-bred company Ultra Commerce has acquired New Zealand-based company Vesta eCommerce, a global software business providing leading product data management solutions. The recent acquisition is a significant move for the business, which is Australian born, owned, and headquartered, but has built out a global presence as it pursues rapid growth in the eCommerce market. Connecting […]
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. The campaign aims to bring awareness to Canteen’s […]