New research has found that 59 per cent of Australian and New Zealand marketers are using artificial intelligence (AI) extensively or on a limited basis, while 23 per cent are piloting or planning to use AI within the next two years.
The findings were revealed in Salesforce’s State of Marketing report for 2017, which also found that 58 per cent of ANZ marketers believe AI is absolutely or very essential to creating one-to-one marketing across every touch point.
Here are some of the other key local findings, according to the study:
- A majority of ANZ marketers agree that a connected customer journey across all touch points and channels positively impacts overall customer engagement (68 per cent) and revenue growth (67 per cent).
- 61 per cent are aligning marketing roles to a customer journey strategy versus traditional roles.
- 58 per cent are satisfied with their collaboration with other departments.
- 60 per cent are extremely or very satisfied with their ability to engage customers across channels at scale.
- 62 per cent of ANZ marketers say their current tech stack is extremely or very effective at increasing productivity, while 57 per cent say it’s extremely or very effective and improving collaboration across marketing functions.
- Budget constraints and privacy concerns are the top barriers preventing ANZ marketers to fully tap into the marketing automation and AI.
- ANZ marketers struggle to leverage data from different sources, which is partly due to a lack of available skillset, preventing marketing teams from getting a single view of the customer.
Kevin Doyle, director of advertising products for the JAPAC region at Salesforce, said the report highlights that customer journeys are the silver bullet to marketing success.
“High-performing marketers are personalising messaging across all owned and paid channels, and are seeing real increases in revenue as the result,” he said.
“Technology has caught up to the vision that digital marketing promised, allowing the best performing marketers to run omni-channel campaigns personalised for each customer.
Doyle said AI has moved from being theoretical to being part of the arsenal of technologies available to marketers, “powering greater personalisation and the building of customer journeys at scale”.
“The leading marketers in 2017 will be the ones who adopt these capabilities before their competitors,” he said.
Grill’d has launched a new tactical campaign ahead of the upcoming US elections, with the aim of comparing big American fast food giants with Grill’d’s home-grown, healthier approach to burgers. The tongue-in-cheek campaign depicts Donald Trump’s addiction to fast food options, such as McDonald’s, KFC, Burger King and Dominos, with the words ‘You are what […]
In this guest post, Dr Phillip Lawrence of Edith Cowan University debunks the myths of the environmental impact of printing… The environmental credentials of printing have been in the spotlight for a while with brands and marketers as well as large corporates regularly proposing they would reduce or eliminate paper and printing from their business as […]
The WPP-owned agency Mindshare has revealed it has won the media business for both Kayo and Binge. Both Kayo and Binge form part of Foxtel’s Steamotion’s streaming services and have seen significant boosts to the subscription numbers in recent times, primarily during lockdown. Commenting on the win, Mindshare CEO Katie Rigg-Smith said the win would […]
Realworld, an Australian location-based technology company, today launched adfindr.co, a leads platform for media owners. Adfindr finds the contact details of hundreds of local businesses around any location. Adfindr offers all media owners a database of local advertising leads. Simply type in a location and extract advertising leads in that area. David Sanderson, Director at […]
The new Online Will from State Trustees has launched with an unexpected campaign via newly appointed creative agency Hardhat, one that aims to turn in between moments into opportunities for action. Having a baby, moving house or exploring some thrilling new hobbies – this colourful, tongue-in-cheek campaign leverages the types of life stages that trigger […]
Worksafe and FCB New Zealand have launched a wild new campaign, challenging New Zealanders to take a fresh look at workplace safety. The launch TVC, hitting screens big and small this week, asks workers to be more vigilant and proactive, by listening to their inner-meerkats. In the last five years, WorkSafe has recorded 363 workplace […]
Immersive media company Imagine Room has signed an exclusive agreement with Microsoft to build and operate Australia’s first Mixed Reality Capture Studio to drive the next generation of content production. The state-of-the-art studio uses 106 cameras to create holographic and 3D-video performance assets and create immersive and interactive experiences for virtual reality (VR), augmented reality […]