When it comes to describing Millennials, stereotypes abound, yet new research by Qualtrics and Accel has found that this demographic may be the most misunderstood generation.
Qualtrics and Accel surveyed more than 6,000 Millennials, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers to understand their drivers, differences, and similarities. Key Australian findings include:
- Millennials are willing to spend more on material possessions and are looking for quality and socially sought-after things.
- Despite the stereotypes, Millennials aren’t lazy. They measure their work by achievement instead of hours logged and have no problem moving on if it’s not a good fit. However, only 11 per cent of Millennials have had five or more jobs in the past five years, and 84 per cent prefer to have one full-time job rather than multiple part-time jobs. Furthermore, 70 per cent are worried about having the right skills to succeed in the future.
- Millennials aren’t motivated by money, with 55 per cent saying they would take a salary of $53,000 for a job they like rather than $132,000 for a job they dislike.
- Millennials are just as plugged into online life as stereotypes suggest. Half own a phone that’s less than a year old, and 35 per cent make in-app purchases on their phones at least monthly.
- Appearances mean a lot to Millennials, with 49 per cent saying that buying brand products is very important, and 33 per cent are very willing to spend more on designer brands. Furthermore, 47 per cent own designer clothing and 58 per cent are loyal to certain brands. Higher quality is the number one reason why Millennials prefer designer brands.
Over the years, VEGEMITE has been largely misunderstood across the globe, with Aussies often having to defend the spread and detail exactly “how to” best enjoy the stuff. But as it turns out, Australians have been getting it wrong this whole time! VEGEMITE and Thinkerbell ventured to food mecca New York to recruit Brooklyn Master […]
Subway has this week, officially launched its digital game Sink A Sub, with the first $10,000 prize already being awarded to a lucky recipient in Queensland. Subway’s Sink A Sub game is a user-friendly experience based on the infamous naval war board game Battleship. It was successfully launched for the first time in 2020 as […]
National Indigenous Television (NITV) has announced the appointment of Peter Noble as general manager, to support the continued growth and evolution of the channel dedicated to First Nations voices and perspectives. Noble (pictured) a proud Girramay and Bandjin man, joins NITV with more than 20 years’ experience in the media industry, working across content disciplines […]
Reality TV star, influencer and unabashed over-sharer Abbie Chatfield has signed with SCA to bring her hugely popular and fiercely candid podcast, It’s A Lot to Australia’s biggest audio content creator – LiSTNR. Chatfield’s never been afraid to call out bad behaviour or tell it like it is. And that’s just what people love about […]
CM Group, a portfolio of martech companies focused on multichannel digital marketing, today announced its merger with Cheetah Digital under the CM Group name. The merger expands and enhances both CM Group’s and Cheetah Digital’s ability to deliver innovative email, omnichannel, personalization, and loyalty solutions. The combined company will own a broad array of technologies […]
Independent ad tech platform Smart has announced a new partnership with connected TV (CTV) ad platform Publica to accelerate its growth ambitions. The integration is a major step in Smart’s commitment to building a scaled, vertically-integrated TV advertising platform for media buyers and sellers following its recent acquisition of global premium CTV demand-side platform (DSP) […]
Independent creative agency Edge has launched Nevro’s first local campaign, “I am not my pain”. Nevro is a medical technology company offering innovative solutions to chronic pain. Their HFX therapy has been available in Australia since 2011 and is a form of spinal cord stimulation (SCS), where an electrical device is implanted surgically near the […]
Pinterest has introduced a new suite of creator and Pinner products and experiences globally, as the platform continues to evolve to become home for the next generation of creators. At its second annual Pinterest Creators Festival, featuring Megan Thee Stallion and Storm Reid. Pinterest creators Kerin Rose Gold, Wendy’s World, Henri Purnell, Carolina Gelen and […]