NEw research by event technology platform Eventbrite has revealed that Australians of all ages believe live events can drive positive change for the country, and that Aussies and New Zealanders attend more live events than any other country in the world.
The study, titled The Experience Movement: Australians Believe Events Inspire Positive Change in the World, found that regardless of age, gender and income, Aussies believe events are one of the most effective ways to bring people together to inspire positive change, with Millennials leading the charge in attending events to support causes they are passionate about.
Here are the key findings from the study:
- 90 per cent of Aussies believe it’s essential for people to come together in person to promote positive change — regardless of age, gender, income, or geography — and and in four Australians attended an event supporting a particular cause within the last year.
- 83 per cent of Aussies agree that attending live events makes them feel more connected to other people, the community, and the world — higher than any other country surveyed, including the US and UK.
- 80 per cent of Aussies agree that attending a live event has been more successful at
expanding their perspective than just reading about a topic online. But interestingly, an event doesn’t have to be political to create an impact – 90 per cent of people believe that all types of live events can inspire positive change for the country.
- 91 per cent of Millennials have attended at least one live event within the past 12 months, ranging from entertainment-focused experiences like music concerts and beer festivals, to more cause-related events like marches and rallies.
- 81 per cent of Millennials choose to buy an experience rather than something desirable, ahead of their Gen X peers at 72 per cent.
- While both Millennials and Gen X agree that events are the most effective way to leverage change, when it comes to getting out and taking action, a quarter of Millennials have attended an event to support a cause in the last year, compared to 17 per cent of Gen X.
- 67 per cent of Millennials reveal that engaging with a not-for-profit or political cause online has encouraged them to take action offline, compared to 56 per cent of older generations).
Eventbrite’s general manager for Australia and New Zealand, Phil Silverstone, said: “Live experiences have the power to expand perspectives and influence our lives in a way that online interactions can’t.
“As the live event landscape continues to grow, we’re seeing an increasingly strong demand for experiences that connect us in real life and contribute to growth and positive change.
“Millennials represent one-third of the national population, and the importance that young people place on live experiences should encourage the thousands of event organisers using Eventbrite across Australia.
“Live events provide a great way for people to connect with their community and the wider world, and given that Australians and Kiwis attend more events than any other country, we should be proud to lead the way when it comes to creating real social change through shared experiences.”
Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) is the biggest player in the holiday shopping game and Google’s most recent research suggests consumer interest for the peak sales season starts much earlier than retailers may realise. The pandemic has fundamentally changed buyer behaviour over peak sales season, with Google suggesting that global consumer interest in Black Friday […]
Awindependent PR Agency Agent99 has added The Distilled Spirits Council of the US (DISCUS) to its client roster, alongside thought leader and commercial property specialist, Helen Tarrant. DISCUS is a national trade association representing U.S. producers, marketers, and exporters of distilled spirits. The account was won following a competitive pitch earlier this year. DISCUS has […]
Melbourne-based independent creative agency, By All Means, has today released limited edition ‘Locktown’ t-shirts to create a positive, artistic commemoration of their city, while shining a spotlight on the significant impact of lockdown on the mental health of Victorians. After 235 days under strict stay-at-home orders, Melbourne today claims the unenviable crown from Buenos Aires […]
Global marketing agency, Komodo, has announced it will be launching a dedicated TikTok arm to the business in Australia, following a series of key industry hires and new creators signed to their roster. The agency, who partners brands with social influencers across the globe, aims to bring a new dimension to influencer marketing by assisting brands […]
According to Fifth Dimension CEO Lyndall Spooner, whether you like roller coasters or not, we have all been riding ‘Dashed Hopes’ the COVID-19 emotional roller coaster for over 18 months and many of us have turned to online retail therapy to cope. Spooner uses the analogy of an emotional roller coaster to depict consumers’ […]
Underscoring its ongoing commitment to team care and wellbeing, during and beyond the pandemic, Havas Village Australia has introduced be together – a reconnection initiative to enable staff to reconnect with loved ones for longer when domestic and international borders reopen. The initiative, which reflects the Havas core value ‘Better Together’, gives staff from Host/Havas, […]
Global ecommerce and marketplace specialist Pattern has ranked a group of 50 brands selling on Amazon.com.au based on a set of best practice criteria it has developed. Pet brand Zenify topped the ranking in Pattern’s Amazon Australia Benchmarking Report, scoring 82 per cent of the possible marks against a set of criteria designed to measure […]
Fifth Dimension Consulting has announced the expansion of its executive leadership team in response to the organisation’s significant growth over the last 18 months. Lyndall Spooner has moved from the position of managing director to the role of chief executive officer (CEO). As CEO, she will lead Fifth Dimensions’ innovation arm, as well as the […]
GoDaddy Inc. has today announced the Australian launch of GoDaddy Studio, a new content creation tool designed for small and medium businesses to create beautiful visual content for their business for all platforms. Compatible on both iOS and Android mobile apps and desktop, GoDaddy Studio includes thousands of customisable templates and easy-to-use tools, providing small […]