Spotify is expanding its premium family experience with a new app designed specifically for kids.
Named Spotify Kids, the new app is exclusive to Spotify Premium Family subscribers and intended for kids aged three and older.
It launched in beta in Ireland yesterday and will roll out soon to all markets around the globe that have Premium Family.
Spotify Kids was developed with safety and privacy top of mind. The app is packed with singalongs, soundtracks and stories that children can explore, on their own or with their family.
A few top features to note:
- Since Spotify Kids is part of Premium Family, there are no ads
- All of the content is handpicked by our experienced editors, and they are focused on ensuring that the content available is appropriate for kids.
- The product is designed to protect kids’ privacy and give parents peace of mind with parental controls. Parents can select the “Audio for Younger Kids” or “Audio for Older Kids” experience based on what’s best for their children.
Because of the above features, Spotify Kids lets young listeners:
- Listen to audio they love with their own account
- Explore their tastes in an environment designed for kids – filtering out explicit content
- Discover music and stories handpicked for kids by our experts
- Hear playlists made just for kids
- Play their favorite tracks offline starting with iOS devices
Having a standalone app specifically for kids is a new space for Spotify, which is why Spotify is launching this product as a beta.
The Spotify Kids app experience will expand over time as they continue to incorporate best practices and learnings, including insights from parents, caregivers and other experts in this space.
Spotify’s chief premium business officer, Alex Norström said: “Spotify is committed to giving billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by music and stories and we’re proud that this commitment now includes the next generation of audio listeners.
“We are excited to be expanding the Spotify Premium Family experience with a dedicated app just for our youngest fans.
“Spotify Kids is a personalized world bursting with sound, shape and color, where our young listeners can begin a lifelong love of music and stories.”
National Children’s Museum president and CEO, Crystal Bowyer commented: “We appreciate the thoughtful approach Spotify has taken to encourage safe, independent play and artistic enrichment for children in their new Kids App.”
The Spotify Kids app is available for Spotify Premium Family subscribers at no additional charge and can be downloaded to any iOS or Android device once the app launches in market.