With the festive season fast approaching Spotify wants to empower brands to tap into its unique audience at this critical time of year.
Globally, holiday sales are reported to be worth $850 billion, seeing year-on-year growth of 3.5 per cnet. Over a quarter (27 per cent) of those sales are generated online, with mobile devices driving 45 per cent of all eCommerce traffic.
With one in four Australians having tried Spotify, the platform offers brands a unique opportunity to target and connect with digitally savvy consumers with an appetite for shopping. Research shows that Spotify listeners are:
- 3 times more likely to pay more for brands
- 3.6 times more likely to shop online weekly
- 29 per cent more likely to use their mobile device to shop
During last year’s November/December holiday period users in Australia and New Zealand listened to a whopping 213,000 festive-centric playlists and listened to over 16 million tracks. The most streamed artists on Christmas Day across ANZ were:
- Michael Buble – It’s Beginning to Look A Lot like Christmas
- Ariana Grande – Santa Tell Me
- Sam Smith – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
“The festive period is a critical time of year for brands but also the most cluttered,” said Kate Vale, managing director at Spotify Australia. “Spotify cuts through the clutter by delivering a brand’s message directly to a targeted audience with zero wastage and 100 per cent share of voice.”